View Poll Results: Guns, Guns, Guns

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • We'd be much better off without them!! (tell us why)

1 3.57%
  • I'll never give up my guns!! (talk about it)

25 89.29%
  • I don't have one, but I feel they're OK. (Why?)

2 7.14%
  • I've got one, but wish I'd never had it. (story to tell?)

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A discussion about Guns

Quote Originally Posted by jimflint1
    It's actually been proven that in states where conceal-carry permits are allowed, violent crime has gone down.
    Yeah that

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

If you don't like bad facts, then you should stop using them.

Yep, murder is murder no matter how you justify it.
    Murder is murder. Self-defense or the defense of others isn't.

[quote] Just because I don

Aw heck, forget it. I didn't come to this site to argue or flame. I'll never change your mind--and you won't change mine. To me, these kind of flame wars aren't worth it to perpetuate.

Shane

DickHead
    Aw heck, forget it. I didn't come to this site to argue or flame. I'll never change your mind--and you won't change mine. To me, these kind of flame wars aren't worth it to perpetuate.

Shane
    Yea I've lost all interest in debating any topic with someone who immediately refers to other people as pussies.

Doesn't it feel like those who own guns get persecuted by "anti gunners"?

Have you gun owners ever yelled at anybody just because they didn't have a gun? Sure there's been some arguing back and forth on this thread, but I can only be accused of "waiting to kill somebody" until a certain point.

Some of us know FIRST HAND how owning a gun has saved our lives. I won't go into detail in this thread, 'cause it's a lot of boring reading.

There will always be guns. You can decide to be full of hate the rest of your life at this fact, or you can accept that it would be better for us all to gain some more education about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JamisJockey
    Yea I've lost all interest in debating any topic with someone who immediately refers to other people as pussies.
    Well, when you're basing your arguments on a 311 quote, you have to use that word I guess.
    Darn it, I should've fought back with Ted Nugent.

I should've fought back with Ted Nugent.
    He's the man!

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I should've fought back with Ted Nugent.
    He's the man!
    Yeah the motorcity madman.....

To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em.
    -Ted Nugent

Whenever I donate a hunting trip for the Children's Leukemia Foundation, Ronald McDonald Cancer House, all these children's charities, I offer the anti-hunters an opportunity: if you donate more to the children's charity than the hunters donate we won't go hunting.
    -Ted Nugent

More: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...ed_nugent.html

Here's a question for all you that aren't so keen on guns:

Do you support the use of guns in law enforcement? Should police and other law enforcement officers be allowed to use them? Why or why not?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I'll never give up my guns. I have my 9mm on my leg right now and my rifle back in my room. I don't go anywhere without them.

Could someone get out a gun and kill this thread. Let it die now. Let it slip peacefully into the void.

End
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

Alright, I'm gonna add my two cents. I kind of have a whole diffrent perspective than most of you on here. I work with guns for a living. Thats just what I do. Not just rifles to go hunting with. These guns are designed to kill "PEOPLE". Now let me tell you, there is a HUGE diffrence between the guns people use for their own recreation and these weapons we use in the military. As far as personal protection goes, as long as the person have enough reponsibilty to use it, givin the right situation, let em carry it. It's gonna make em feel better. If you don't like them, don't carry them. These stats need to go, as well as these "What ifs". You can come up with a scenerio for everything. "What if" it to death. Does anyone have any personal stories where a weapon has saved their life? How about one where it didn't save their life? (First hand here. Not your brothers wife cousin) I'm pro-guns. Thats my stand. If it wasnt for guns, you wouldn't be able to argue the fact that you don't like gun or that you love them. I could go on for days but I'm gonna stop here and see who shoots holes in my rant first.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveOU812
    Does anyone have any personal stories where a weapon has saved their life?
    Well, I have a story about when my gun saved me from a lot of trouble. It's very possible that my life was in danger, but I didn't want to wait to find out.

I'll make it very brief, 'cause I don't like reading long stories either. My wife and I were attacked by a guy who was on crack, trying to kill himself along with anybody else that he could. I cocked my handgun, put it on his forehead, and that shook him out of his little phase to kill himself.

Long story short, the police detained him, and yes I told them how I was ready to shoot him. They had no problem with that.

You've got to love Downtown Ogden.

A lot of years ago, a friend and I were driving State Street, when a gang of five or six others began shouting taunts at us, trying to get us to pull over and fight them--swerving ahead of us etc. We couldn't persuade them to get lost until I pulled my friend's handgun out from underneath the seat and held it up to the window. I had it pointed up, not in their direction. They saw it though and turned off immediately. Yeah, I felt threatened or I wouldn't have done it.
    I don't know if that was a mistake or not--but I know what the effect was. Sometimes just the threat of violence causes bad things not to happen.

Shane

I've shied away from this thread for no other reason than the fact that I've argued in favor of guns for the better part of forty years, even as a young teenager. I've enjoyed reading this thread and noted that the stances haven't changed much over those years. The NRA magazine "American Rifleman" has a small section dedicated to incidents where a gun has saved the day . . . The anti-gunners will come back with their favorite magazine that will show where they believe a gun ruined the day. And when they do, check the stories and you'll find that the gun was misused by an unworthy gun owner. It's kinda like, "You have a right to own a gun but you don't have the right to be an Idiot with it." And I'm a firm believer in the fact that God created a lot of Idiots.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Life Sucks When Making a Living Gets In The Way Of Living!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Walkers
    I've shied away from this thread for no other reason than the fact that I've argued in favor of guns for the better part of forty years, even as a young teenager. I've enjoyed reading this thread and noted that the stances haven't changed much over those years. The NRA magazine "American Rifleman" has a small section dedicated to incidents where a gun has saved the day . . . The anti-gunners will come back with their favorite magazine that will show where they believe a gun ruined the day. And when they do, check the stories and you'll find that the gun was misused by an unworthy gun owner. It's kinda like, "You have a right to own a gun but you don't have the right to be an Idiot with it." And I'm a firm believer in the fact that God created a lot of Idiots.
    My oh my

James,

There will be no rebuttal, I see you're a man that likes to argue for nothing more than the sake of arguing. And that's not fun. You really want to talk guns and politics? It's best done over a cup of hot coffee at the local cafe. Voicing your opinion on subject in a forum is lot of fun and enjoyable. But truly debating or arguing in a forum or chat is pointless. So much is lost when you can't see the movement of a persons eyes, the changes in their voice, and in general all body language is lost. At your request, at least for me, this thread is dead.

Yes, I know that Lavan spelt backwards is Naval. I've always liked that one.

I'm buying when your ready, John aka W.W.
    And remember I'm twice your age, so please talk loud and slowly..
    ----------------------------------------------
    Life Sucks When Making a Living Gets In The Way Of Living!

this is actually fascinating to watch from afar. I am the ony member of my extended family that I know of that DOESNT have at least one gunsafe full of guns. I only own one handgun...simply because they are expensive and draw $$ away from my bike fix I am a James Bond fan so the gun of my choice is a Walther ppks 9mm stainless - a very good gun. It goes with me on the road everywhere and off road too. Being a Wyoming resident you would think I just gotta have more but aside from my 22LR and the fact that I no longer hunt anything at all - because it is too expensive, I teach my sons hunter safety and ettiquette because they need to know the right way...let them govern themselves when they are old enough. They don't even attemp to mess with the guns-Peroid. And when they do, it 's at the shooting range.( THey are damn good shots too.) I respect anyones opinion on guns - It's allways a matter of personal choice. My Dad never really taught me about guns & he spent most of his life serving either in the military or the government as a civilian...personal choice. I loved to hunt when I did for years - my sons don't want anything to do with it but they LEARN gun safety.