Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who are you?

DickHead

Who are you?

Okay, its time for the "Who are you" thread......

Jason. 31, married, two spawn.
    Road bike, mountain bike, fish (mostly flyfish), have hunted (but not in awhile), hike, snowshoe, gun owner, camping. Beer drinker. Federally employed.
    My handle is because I have two Jamis bikes, and am built like a retired jockey.

I'm former military (5 years in the Marines). I've lived in Californistan, Michigan, Miss., North Carolina, Tennessee, Arizona, two places in Texas, and here.
    Upcoming I will be finishing my basement, which is going to suck my money and time like some sort of sex-less mistress.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Welcome to the site, that means I'm not the newest person anymore.

Josh, 29, one kid
    Mtn bike, flyfish, backpack, ATV, hunter, gun owner, CCW holder, golf, camp, snowboard, sports fan.

shlingdawg came about many years ago while paying the fee booth attendant at the Sand Flats Rec Area in Moab. Helpful hint for everyone: don't have your CB turned way up if you have friends like I do.

Born/raised in Utah. Work for IHC. House is for sale.

Messed that up

Mike 36, engaged with a total of six kids.

Bike, hike and just like to be active. Not a hunter at all, if I killed it, I would have to eat it, yuck!

I do computers for a living.

Good thread! I started one of these many times, but never hit send.

Shannon, 29, married, one dog, no plans for spawning. I've got one big man child at home.

I work for the university doing river research/fish habitat analysis. It's all computer work though.

In my spare time I bike, hike, canoe, teleski, eat, work in my garden/yard, play my flute in a group, and volunteer for shelter dogs.

I grew up in Indiana, moved to Utah in 1999. First I was in Hanna, UT, then Roosevelt, lastly Logan.

Dennis, age 29, married with two brats (boys, ages 2 and 4). I like hiking, geocaching, a little off-roading (not much I can do in my F-250 diesel though), camping, shooting (got my CFP and a 9mm). I live in Price, was born here and lived here all my life except for about three years when I lived in Utah County. I work for a legal publishing company in Provo, but I telecommute about 98% of the time.

Jess, 28, married, 6 mos old girl, and yellow lab.

I'm from Heber, tried Syracuse for a few years and went crazy, currently living in Coalville trying to decide where between Coalville and Heber I want to end up.

I'm a fly fishing die hard, if it'll take a fly I'll try and catch it, been doing it for 20 years. I just starting bow hunting this year and I'm crazy about it too. My wife and I love to get out and hike, mostly up in the Uinta's. We are camping up there whenever we get the chance. I snowboard when I feel like putting up $50. I work for an audio/video/home theater company designing all the systems.

Karen, 43 (ouch!), married (my husband ROCKS!!), no kids, no pets.

Mountain bike, road bike, hike, backpack, snowshoe, ski.
    I did my first marathon last spring, and just learned to ski two seasons ago, backpacked 13 days through the Alps last summer ....

New to Utah - moved here 3 years ago, from MI. I miss the trees and the liberals. (haha!) But I love Utah... we came for the mountains, and, oh, yeah, my husband's job at the U. I'm a teacher.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Jason Price

Born: Thousand Oaks, CA
    Grew up: Burton (Rexburg), ID Milking Cows, Moving Pipe, Hiking in the Tetons, 4-wheeling at the dunes.
    Currently: Residing in Sandy.

Mt. Biker, Canyoneer, Climber, Boulderer, Hiker, meat eater, woman lover, single, girl crazy mo fo.

Price1869 comes from my highschool gang (long story) and I have it tattooed in 2 places.

I sell heavy equipment, dozers, excavators, loaders, etc. I'm glad that I don't "do" computers for a living.
    Quote Originally Posted by nitmik
    I knew this girl that did people for a living and that tore her up pretty bad.

Just kidding,

That's me.[/img]
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by price1869

I sell heavy equipment, dozers, excavators, loaders, etc. I'm glad that I don't "do" computers for a living.
    I knew this girl that did people for a living and that tore her up pretty bad.

Just kidding,

That's me.[/img]
    If they give me a problem I just reboot them, life is great.

Gary 23 (a young punk) single, I ride Mt bikes (For only about a year), Motorcycles(I was Desert Racer for a Year till I was Injured Long story short I spent a Week in the UofU ICU, Now I just Trail ride), love to go Fishing, Hunting, camping, hiking (love to hike the SR swell) 4x4ing .

I was born and raised and educated in Price, Just moved up to SLC area (West Jordan) In June so I can go Back to school. I have a degree in Industrial Electronics and I was employed doing so in Price before I moved. Now I Work in customer service so I can go back to school.
    SUWA Hates you, JUST SAY NO TO SUWA
    "Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared". Jack Handy

Re: Who are you?

Quote Originally Posted by JamisJockey
    Upcoming I will be finishing my basement, which is going to suck my money and time like some sort of sex-less mistress.
    Funny!

Justin 30, married, two spawn. Full time student at the University of Utah. This spring I will be graduating "Non Cum Laude" in Mining Engineering. I'm also a full time outdoorsman, specializing mostly in hiking, specifically Canyoneering (hiking/swimming/rappeling through slot canyons). I have a mountain bike in my garage that has collected an impressive layer of dust over the years. I think it may be coming up on a quarter of an inch now. I also love playing Halo2, though others who play with me seem to get all grumpy, and quit playing after only a few games. I enjoy running these little road races they have every couple of months around here (SL Classic, Deseret News 10K, etc) I have run two marathons (Deseret News and St. George), and two half-marathons (Moab and Las Vegas). I also enjoy torturing myself at the gym.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

DickHead
    That's funny....count my threads...I'm not exactly new 'round here....

Quote Originally Posted by JamisJockey
    That's funny....count my threads...I'm not exactly new 'round here....
    You do have a handfull more, ok a lot more, but I'm still not the newest

James, 26, married, one little girl who is almost 4. Born and raised in Utah lived in SLC my whole life with only three different addresses all within 3 miles of each other. Pretty damn boring, believe me I know.

Self appointed Utah outdoor guru, if there is a place in Utah, chances are I have been there or have a trip planned soon. I do most of my exploring by driving and hiking, though I have done a fair bit of mountain biking and some technical canyoneering.

My policy on 4X4 is, if you can get out and walk faster then the trail is too rough pull over and start walking

I hate snow and anything related to it (most especially ski resorts and Christmas). I don't fish or shoot guns, both a waste of time.

James

Tom, 22, single, no kids.

Born in Greenville, PA, raised in Utah. Senior at Weber State University, majoring in photography, minoring in communication. I hike, ski, kayak, snowmobiling, ATVing, geocaching, etc.

Snow is the blood of life.

My heros are Black Mage from 8-Bit Theater and Professor Clark (my ethnobotany professor, the man is a genius).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandy
    I just lost the ability to see, but I can still feel your butt looking at me!

Quote Originally Posted by James_B_Wads2000
    I don't fish or shoot guns, both a waste of time.
    You better duck, this site is full of those types. It's weird. I used to be into both of those activities, but not anymore. I'm not against them, it's just that I don't get excited about them anymore.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Marital Status: Married to stripper/trophy wife.
    Rugrats: 2

Hobbies: Spitting and peeing while standing on top of high places.

Scott, 30
    Outdoor Pimp (check out the TR's)
    BIG AC/DC Fan
    Married
    3 Year old son
    Baby 2 months along in the oven
    Work www.xango.net (brand new site launch on Monday)

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Quote Originally Posted by James_B_Wads2000
    I don't fish or shoot guns, both a waste of time.
    You better duck, this site is full of those types. It's weird. I used to be into both of those activities, but not anymore. I'm not against them, it's just that I don't get excited about them anymore.
    Agreed, you might want to qualify your statement with a possessive adjective such as "my," as in "both a waste of my time." Otherwise you come off looking like, well, some other type of adjective.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum