Thread: Legacy "Parkway" A Done Deal

Legacy "Parkway" A Done Deal

About a week ago the Governor announced an end to the long stalemate halting the Legacy Highway project. The construction of the Legacy Highway should start next spring, and be ready to drive on in about three years.

Apparently, both conservatives and conservationists are equally happy about the deal, and have agreed to no more litigation. In exchange for allowing the Parkway to move forward with construction, conservationists got additional land protected for a nature preserve, and 2.5 million dollars for a light rail rapid transit study.

No trucks are allowed on the Parkway.

Will this affect you? How? Are you for or opposed to the Legacy Parkway? Why?

Your thoughts?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I've heard some trucking companies are not very happy about no trucks on it. I do think they should look at the fact that less cars will be on I-15 and maybe they will be able to move their trucks faster that way. I have no opinion about it myself, I don't live or travel in that direction. I would think it will be a great plus if there is an accident on I-15 as there is now an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by nitmik
    I would think it will be a great plus if there is an accident on I-15 as there is now an alternative.
    Agreed. Legacy doesn't affect me directly, but I'm somewhat glad it is moving forward finally.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

This whole deal really has been a joke all along the way, the lovely mayor of Salt Lake City had it stopped because of environmental concerns when the truth was that most of the environmental studies had already been done, and the conservation plans and "agreements" were already in the original plan. Even during litigation when UDOT was required to show they had done all the necessary environmental work, one of the judges involved just skimmed the 250 pg report and assumed they had not done the work, so he ordered UDOT to do it again. So goes our government, a lot of wasted money on misunderstandings and ignorance. I think overall the highway is a good idea, the other alternative was to just make I-15 in that area wider and wider. (that is if more people keep driving I-15) The plan reminds me of the George Washington Memorial Highway just outside DC and that road is beautiful.

The plans and arguments have been going on way too long. It's time for this thing to start rolling.

I'll take it, along with other cars. Truckers will have less of us tailgating them, and less cars to hold up when one of them flips over, blocking 3 lanes.

I just started working in Salt Lake AGAIN. I don't think it will last long though. I still have different jobs calling me each day, and I just might take one.

And for those of you who are against the Legacy Highway, I'd better not catch you driving on it!!!

This highway does not affect me either. Excpet for perhaps a few trips to Sombeechs house each year and company lagoon day. I enjoyed all the b*tching..... It should be a pretty drive. Think so?