Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Havasupai "Havasu" Canyon, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by david staub
    This last time there were more like 30 and as Andy said, most of them were chicks.
    OK, that does it. I'm changing my trip planner for later in the year.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    This last time there were more like 30 and as Andy said, most of them were chicks.
    OK, that does it. I'm changing my trip planner for later in the year.
    You said before that you went in March. Was the water too cold for swimming then? It was just perfect refreshing temp in June. And right after school let out.
    When the goin' get tough, put your shoulder to the wheel or just Beat the train
    www.Beatthetrain.com

www.myspace.com/Beatthetrain

The water temp actually stays the same all year around, about 70 degrees. According to their website, anyways.

Hey Sombeech,
    I just took another look at your pics. Whose that dude doing the ENDO on the ropeswing? Dave and I spent about an hour just hangin out there. What a great place! I can't to wait go back in June.
    www.Beatthetrain.com

Here are some shots of my trip to the Supai with Dave and some of his friends.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...3&conn_speed=1
    www.Beatthetrain.com

Quote Originally Posted by BTTAndy
    Whose that dude doing the ENDO on the ropeswing?
    That's my bud Dave. He's a pretty good gymnast.

BTW, your link isn't working.

OK, here's BTTAndy's pics that the link was supposed to show us.

Thanks Andy!
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Thanks for putting those up Sombeech. The first one is my brother Dave in the green suit jumping off that ledge. He is so graceful! He's a dancer ya know.
    www.Beatthetrain.com

I am the one crouched on the right with the canvas hat. And the one in the cave to Mooney Falls.
    www.Beatthetrain.com

I just made my reservations for the Havasupai for June 23 and 24. It took the better part of two days to finally get through. But my reservations are made. The prices are still the same and really are a steal for the beauty and adventure of the place.

If you plan on going, I strongly recommend that you make your reservations now!
    scars are tattoos with better stories

I think I'll be going in April. I'm just deciding on dates.

It seems like it always takes forever to get in contact with that office down there. Sometimes I think they're just not in sometimes.

I had been told that the phones go down all the time. So I figured that was the problem. So I called the Tribal office just to see what was going on and they said that they were just really busy.

Billy is normally pretty cool and really a lot more business than we would expect. I spoke with a woman and she sounded very frazzled.

I have no idea what crowds are like in April. But if you want to go in June, you need to make the reservations now.

Yeah, I've always gone in March just to avoid the crowds. It's usually right around 70 degrees, perfect for hiking.

But the mornings are a little chilly in the campground, since it's in the shadows. I thought I'd bump it up to April, but the crowds have been my main concern.

I should call now.

It was pretty crowded when we went the first week of June last year. It was pretty warm, but down in Mooney in the morning it was almost deserted. We found a camp spot right away. I would have liked to camp across the river just because there were few people over there. But I didn't want to have to cross the river early in the morning when we left.

I learned that I won't carry food for anyone but myself and will limit the clothing that I take. You really only need a couple of t-shirts and a swim suit.

The night before we backpacked out, we realized that we had more food than we needed and didn't want to have to carry it out. So we sought out the pungent smells of marijuana, followed the smell, and gave our food to them. We figured they would have the munchies.

AAHHHH the pungent smells..... Now I know why its your favorite place.
    www.Beatthetrain.com

we sought out the pungent smells of marijuana, followed the smell, and gave our food to them. .
    You can gaurantee that's gonna be down there too. Anything goes on the Indian Res.

Haven't Seen Any Pictures of Navajo Falls

Havasu Falls.

The most photogenic waterfall in the world. The fact that it's in the middle of the desert, and abundant with gorgeous color combinations, adds to the unbelievable atmosphere.
    I'll agree that Havasu Falls is pretty, but I didn't see any pictures of Navajo Falls. Navajo Falls is the single most amazing place I've ever been.

BTW: We went the first week of August last summer. I was a sceptic, but I'm sold that July/August is the best time to go.

Sorry if the picture is funky. It's my first try.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

Re: Haven't Seen Any Pictures of Navajo Falls

Quote Originally Posted by moabfool
    BTW: We went the first week of August last summer. I was a sceptic, but I'm sold that July/August is the best time to go.
    I just might have to try this summer. I'd like to spend a little time at Navajo Falls as well.

Have any more pics?

Re: Haven't Seen Any Pictures of Navajo Falls

Have any more pics?
    Sorry I took so long. I wasn't bored enough/didn't have bad enough cabin fever to be on the board much.

People from my group have more pictures but I haven't gotten them yet. For now check these out. I'll post again when I get new pictures up.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/moabfo...r=34ed&.src=ph
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.