Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diets that work?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    It said 2600-2800 is normal, then subtract from that huh?
    Yes. Like Shan said, either eat 500 calories less than normal, or burn 500 extra calories/day through exercise.

Losing more than 2 pounds of fat a week is not very common. When you hear people boast of losing 10 pounds a week, it wasn't fat that they lost. It was more than likely water and/or muscle.

2 pounds/week is a healthy and reasonable goal.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Counting calories is a PITA. But if you can do it for 3-4 days just to get a ballpark of what you are currently eating, I think you can go from there. Do you have a Coke and candy bar around 3pm? Just an example, cut that out that that's about 500 calories right there. Pretzels don't do much for you, but maybe combine them with a little light cheese or dip it in some hummus to get a little more protien in there, or 1/2 a wheat bagel with cream cheese. It will hold over the munchies. Hard boiled eggs are a good snack that fills you too.

It said 2600-2800 is normal, then subtract from that huh?
    Yes, that's right. Sounds easy on paper, huh? Use the calorie acitivty counter to see how much you are burning too.

By the way, I've been getting Fitness magazine for 4 years now, and I'm just really regurgitating what I've read.

Good luck to you! You can do it, you have the motivation!

RG - I volunteered at the PetSmart super adoption weekend in SLC where there were 40 dogs or so that were shelter dogs in Louisiana. There were 800 other Utah animals there too all needing homes also. They were trasported up here (part of No More Homeless Pets in Utah) to make room for the rescued pets. I volunteer with the shelter in my town doing adoptions and fundraisers. Other that than I read up on lost of websites about what's going on. That's all, I don't know what else I can besides continue volunteering at this shelter. Oh I met Jamis Jockey during that weekend in SLC!