Thread: Birthday Mountain Bike group ride, 9/25

DickHead

Birthday Mountain Bike group ride, 9/25

Yes, my birthday is Saturday, and I have a rare weekend off. So I'm going on a miniventure, and leading a ride.
    In the Mountain Biking Utah guidebook, page 129, there is a trail named Three Forks/Diamond Fork. Its also listed at Utahmountainbiking.com, but doesn't have the Strawberry Ridge option, which takes the trail into a 24 mile loop. Diamond Fork is located a little ways up Hwy6 out of Spanish Fork.
    This isn't a mild ride, with around 3000' of climbing. Plan on 3 or more hours on the trail, depending on ability. Ride at your own pace. I fully intend on enjoying every minute of the ride, stopping frequently to regroup, take down fuel, and enjoy the day.
    Meet at 0900 at the trailhead, 9/25. If anyone wants to work out carpools or carvan down, I'll be leaving my house in West Jordan @ 0745. Email me directly.
    You can get directions to the trail here
    http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/threefrk.htm
    I will transcribe the mileages from the book before the trip for anyone that needs it.
    The weather calls for 55/70 sunny, probably be a bit cool. I suggest bringing appropriate clothing, and some form of lunch.
    I'll likely stick around afterwards to wet my flyline in the river.I'd appreciate RSVP's from anyone planning on going, so I know to look for you before stepping off.
    I might even have beer on ice for after the ride....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sounds like fun. If there is an extra hour added in to allow for skinny diping at the Fifth Water Hot Springs then I am in. It would be a shame to ride right next to them and not give my white ass some sun.

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by James_B_Wads2000
    Sounds like fun. If there is an extra hour added in to allow for skinny diping at the Fifth Water Hot Springs then I am in. It would be a shame to ride right next to them and not give my white ass some sun.
    But of course. My white ass doesn't know a hot springs it don't like.

It's been a while since I was up there, do you know if the road up Diamond Fork has been reopened yet from the water pipeline construction? It could've opened 2 years ago for all I know, but I know the timeline for the closure was very, very long.
    Mike

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by mroy
    It's been a while since I was up there, do you know if the road up Diamond Fork has been reopened yet from the water pipeline construction? It could've opened 2 years ago for all I know, but I know the timeline for the closure was very, very long.
    Yes, the road is open. I've been fishing up there earlier this year.

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by James_B_Wads2000
    Are you for sure going? Any other takers?
    I need to know by Sunday AM, I might make alternate plans.

count me out I am in Price right now and just got done with a killer ride today down at the swell
    SUWA Hates you, JUST SAY NO TO SUWA
    "Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared". Jack Handy

Re: Birthday Mountain Bike group ride, 9/25

Quote Originally Posted by JamisJockey
    Yes, my birthday is Saturday...
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MAN!!!

SCREW SEA OTTER!!!!!!! http://FuzzysBicycleworks.com