Thread: Deer Valley downhill

Deer Valley downhill

Saturday a couple of friends and I headed for Deer Valley. This was our first time and it was awesome! my bro-inlaw Wade rides an RM9, his friend Matt rides a Foes Fly(insanely cool bike) and me on my not so cool (comparatively) Rocky mtn Switch.
    We started by riding the Aspen Slalom, an awesome, steep, windy down. I thought it could get no better, then we rode the Fire Swamp! This trail was sooo fun, the sign at the top says "Expert Only, downhill bike and pads recommended" nice! unfortunately Thieves forest was closed but I heard it is on par with Fire Swamp. Homeward Bound trail is a fairly easy ride but it has some awesome Freestyle Features (rails, jumps, etc)
    the last and best trail we rode was the NCS it was definitely the most technical and insane trail at Deer Valley.
    I did not have a camera , these pics Wade took with film and scanned so sorry for the quality, they do not do the place justice!
    Attached Images Attached Images        

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

one more just for fun!
    The not so fun landing after the wall drop.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Yeah cool pictures fourty. Looks like a BALL!!!

Oh man, that looks sweet!
    Mike

Nice pics of Deer Valley! we went last Saturday for the first time and had a great time too. We did the same thing you did - had a blast on the stuff like Aspen slalom and Homeward Bound, then were blown away when we hit Fireswamp and the NCS.
    (it's good to see them making the effort with the stunts on Homeward bound - it's a good start!)

The last run of the day was by far the best downhill experience I've ever had. We had Fireswamp dialed a little after a few runs so we hit it pretty hard and even tried some new lines. then after a great bomber run we pedaled up to the start of the NCS and took that all they way down the Snow Park Lodge parking lot.

It's still amazing to me that one good day of downhilling on challenging trails like Fireswamp, or even Aspen Slalom will do so much for your overall skill level! Also, how the pros make the NCS trail look like a paved highway! sheesh.

I wish I had taken some pictures but was having too much fun to stop

I think if I tried all that I would end up with a bent frame and a broken back. Ya'll are Kraaaazy!!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

All three terraces on the NCS drop?! Very nice. I estimated the vertical on that bigger line - from lip to wheels-down @ average-ish speed - to be around 11ft. More speed, and it could turn into something really scary.

While starting an XC ride a couple of weekends ago I did the main 2-terrace drop line, which was fun and smooth. I looked at the by far less-used triple line, but without body armor and a full-face (not to mention my DH bike!), I decided against trying it. Looked fun, though.

Nice pics; thanks! Looks like you had a fun day. I didn't get near enough time at DV this year....

Cheers.

I finally got my poop in a group & logged into this site...cool stuff! I'm the one on the RM9, an awesome bike!

Looks like that happens a lot. Check out Pig Killer's video from UMB.
    Attached Files Attached Files