Thread: Wasatch Crest Trail

Wasatch Crest Trail

I'm definately not as good a biking photographer as some of you - especially with my husband who will rarely stop for photos - pose on a bike?? Forget it! But here is what I could get on our ride yesterday on the Wasatch Crest Trail. What a blast!! You'll also notice that there isnt a single photo once we started out descent!! Yeeee-Ha!! I aint stoppin' to take pics!!
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Wasatch Crest Trail

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    You'll also notice that there isnt a single photo once we started out descent!! Yeeee-Ha!! I aint stoppin' to take pics!!
    I don't blame you. It's too much fun to cruise down without stopping for pics. Now that I have some of most of the trail, I have no need to stop.

When I'm climbing though, I'll use photography as an excuse to stop.

Thanks for the report. BTW, did you guys know about the shuttle service? http://www.bikeut.com/

I haven't used it yet, but it would be pretty convenient. I've talked with the owner, and he seems like a good guy.

yeah, that shuttle sounds great, it's a GREAT idea. We usually just park at the top and ride home from Mill Creek, it's only about 7 miles, then go get the car at our leisure. That works well for us.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

I rode this trail with fourtycal a while back & we took our downhill bikes...I hucked my Rocky Mtn RM9 up & he huffed & puffed up on his Rocky Mtn Switch..'puck hill' indeed! BUT it was well worth the downhill! & yes,we rode the top section...what an awesome trail for speed & good 'ole bombing through the rough stuff!

DAMN....I just saw tanners flat on the news. Like 3" of snow up there!!! I need to get to St. George..

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    I need to get to St. George..
    Yep. Let's start planning our trails.

snow always bums me out for riding...break out the studded tires...but I've been trying to get fourtycal to do a Fruita trip now for a few years. St. George is a major undertaking for me to get to...that's what I get for moving from SLC to Wy.

Great pics TH! I missed riding that one when I was there in 2004 ...that was the trip I slashed my arm open at Sundance and got a bad infection...I spent the day in the motel room while everyone else rode it..