Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iraq Update

Iraq Update

Alright, a little update from your Iraq News Anchor. Not quite there yet but I'm close. I'm in Kuwait. Can't really talk about where I'm going yet. Security risks and all. We are waiting on a plane though. Not much going on. Trying to get over the jet lag. It's bad after an 18 hour flight. It's hot today. 117 is what was posted. I'll keep you all informed as it goes along.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

My friend Jody just got called up. She leaves today. She has a couple of training stops and then on to either Kuwait or Iraq, they wont tell her yet. A year and a half. sucks.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Re: Iraq Update

Good Luck Kid, wishing you the best.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveOU812
    Alright, a little update from your Iraq News Anchor. Not quite there yet but I'm close. I'm in Kuwait. Can't really talk about where I'm going yet. Security risks and all. We are waiting on a plane though. Not much going on. Trying to get over the jet lag. It's bad after an 18 hour flight. It's hot today. 117 is what was posted. I'll keep you all informed as it goes along.
    We've had three of our four kids write similar e-mails while on their way to the war. Now our fourth one to go should be leaving Germany in a couple weeks, advance party for his unit.

We wish each and everyone of you kids our very best. And owe you even more.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Life Sucks When Making a Living Gets In The Way Of Living!

Germany and Kuwait aren't bad. I've been to both breifly. I'm excited to get over to Iraq though. Start doing something. I want my tank back. :) I'm tired of just sitting around in Kuwait. Oh well. Hurry up and wait I guess. That just gives me more time to write on here.

Ya, meanwhile we'll be back here trying to bring you home by staging anti-war rallies, and bitching about Bush and his mis-handling of the Iraq war.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Good to hear from you and get an update. I let the fam know tonight that you had posted. Keep us updated.

KICK SOME ASS.

I'd love to go there. Get in that tank and use it for what it was built for-- SMOKIN' 'EM!

DickHead
    Stay safe, Devil Dog. Remember, WWCD? (What Would Chesty Do?)
    OORRRAAAHHH!

Good luck. My family and I wish you all the best. And thanks for the job you're doing.

Shane

I don't know about the whole Anti-War rallies but you do what you gotta do. If you really want to bring us home, send us gift packages. Those help alot. There are alot of programs such as adopt a platoon where people and communities can get together and send packages. They help out alot.

I don't know about the whole Anti-War rallies but you do what you gotta do.
    c'mon dude, you know I'm just joking. I've never understood the concept of an anti-war rally. Do they think that marching around with posters and chanting anti-war slogans is going to change the minds of the President and Congress? When has an anti-war rally EVER ended a war?!! Don't these people work? Personally I don't know how they can afford to blow off an entire day doing nothing but foisting their opinions on the general public.

Get a f'n hobby!!!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    I don't know about the whole Anti-War rallies but you do what you gotta do.
    c'mon dude, you know I'm just joking. I've never understood the concept of an anti-war rally. Do they think that marching around with posters and chanting anti-war slogans is going to change the minds of the President and Congress? When has an anti-war rally EVER ended a war?!! Don't these people work? Personally I don't know how they can afford to blow off an entire day doing nothing but foisting their opinions on the general public.

Get a f'n hobby!!!
    I caught the inflection the first time! I'm with ya. Even if one doesn't agree, there are other ways besides trying to get 15 minutes of shame on the tele.

DickHead
    I don't know about the whole Anti-War rallies but you do what you gotta do. If you really want to bring us home, send us gift packages. Those help alot. There are alot of programs such as adopt a platoon where people and communities can get together and send packages. They help out alot.
    Dave,
    Make sure and get us your unit address when you're over and settled. I'd love to send you and your unit packages.
    Shit, I say we as a board just officially adopt your unit.

Quote Originally Posted by JamisJockey
    I say we as a board just officially adopt your unit.

Alright, I FINALY posted my address. Real busy out here lately. Kinda hot today too. I'm missing my guitar. So far we really havent done anything to interesting. Just setiing up shop basicly. When I do get some stories I will let ya know. I'm kinda hoping to go out on a HUMVEE and be a gunner up top. MOD DEUCE!!! I want the .50 cal. Those things are sweet.

Ok, update number two. Big stuff just went down. If anyone watches CNN you may have seen my tank. It's named Black Plague and it's painted on the gun tube. I'm sure you can look it up cause I can't really talk about it. Al Anbar province. Karabala and Husaba. It's been real busy but I think it's gonna calm down in this part of town. It's getting real cold. It's weird cause it's as cold as winter in Utah but there is not even a hint of snow. Thats about all I got for now.

DickHead
    Must be Operation Steel Curtain. Good luck devil dog, keep your head down!
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/...mon/index.html
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/...yba/index.html

THE END IS NEAR!!! I'm almost home. We are basicly getting ready to leave now. All our bags are packed. All we have left is some traveling and classes and we are outta this country.

DickHead
    THE END IS NEAR!!! I'm almost home. We are basicly getting ready to leave now. All our bags are packed. All we have left is some traveling and classes and we are outta this country.
    Sweet!
    Do you go back to the stumps or are you coming to Utah pretty quickly?

I know he is coming home for some period of time to tie the ole knot.