Page 4 of 93 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to right now?

Re: alicia keys

Quote Originally Posted by goofball
    whatever the song is called. but its alicia keys !
    Yeah, sorry gals but this is how men think. I HATE country!
    But let me tell you, when I am flippin' channels and that Shania Twain is on a video...... Sometimes I just mute and watch....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

CSN - Cathedral, Souther Cross
    Heart - Your te Voice, Black on Black, The Road Home, Ring Them Bells
    Eagles - Get Over It, Hotel California
    Scorpions - Winds of Change, Send Me An Angel

There's more on the MP3 player but that where I'm at now...
    Don

"Think where man's glory begins and ends and say that my glory was that I had such friends." - Yeats

I've been a bit homesick for the islands lately so I put in HAPA Collection, HAPA Maui, and Israel Kamakawiwo'ole...cool braddah!

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    I've been a bit homesick for the islands lately so I put in HAPA Collection, HAPA Maui, and Israel Kamakawiwo'ole...cool braddah!
    Did you grow up on the islands?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Depends on how you look at it. My first 'tour' was working for Maui Land & Pineapple planting pineapples for a summer...after that I got 'the bug' and have gone back for years. I've lived on Maui and revisited it several times. I've been to Kauai three times, Oahu many, and the big island once. We tend to head there every year.

Hawaii is a beautiful place. I went there on a family vacation years ago. We hit the Big Island (Hilo), Oahu (Honolulu), and Kauai. While there we hit the Polynesian Cultural Center, and the black sand beaches, and also stopped and checked out a lava flow as it engulfed a part of the main highway.

What blew me away was how friendly the locals are to all the Haoles. We would be driving down the road, and locals would stop in the middle of whatever it was they were doing and wave at us. Kinda reminds me of all the pictures on the Jehova's Witness newsletters.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I've looked at buying property...a condo or something for several years now and most of the locals are great. Of course there are those that don't like us Haolies but oh well, the Hawaiian people are great otherwise.

I thought I would bring this one up from the dead. Hands to chest, push, push, push and its alive again....yes we have a pulse.

I have been listening to this album or albums for the last 3 days. If you haven't seen these guys live....well what a party and man can they play.

Link to the goods

Crickets chirping and my wind chimes, occsionally interrupted by the Coyotes.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

Pink Floyd for a couple days now. Syd Barrett RIP.
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

the soundtrack to "Oh Brother Where Art Thou." (Weird huh?)
    fourwheelerfanatic

Gamblin' Man by Lonnie Donegan on Pandora.

my current work playlist consists of:
    AFI
    Alice In Chains
    Angels and Airwaves
    Ben Folds
    Coheed and Cambria
    Coldplay
    The Cure
    Good Charlotte
    Incubus
    The Killers
    A New Found Glory
    The Postal Service
    Radiohead

so aside from Benny, doesnt anyone else here listen to music from this decade?
    nothing makes me feel older than to listen to old music.

in addition to what Ben listed, i will add:

wolf parade
    autolux
    arcade fire
    i can make a mess like nobodys business
    built to spill
    kasabian
    jenny lewis
    snow patrol

I've been listening to podcasts of Radio West on KUER. It's been awhile since I have listened and now I need to catch up on my Doug.

Water Rights in the Snake Valley, Prosecuting Polygamy, the Wal-Mart Effect and Washington County grow plan now that

Quote Originally Posted by marc olivares
    so aside from Benny, doesnt anyone else here listen to music from this decade?
    nothing makes me feel older than to listen to old music.
    I have some Yellowcard and Fall Out Boy in my playlist. I own two Yellowcard CD's and three Fall Out Boy CD's. It's pretty good stuff, but I don't find it totally listenable. Can anyone explain why Yellowcard has a fiddle? They're a rock band. There aren't fiddles in rock 'n roll.

The fact is that I may be listening to some of today's bands in 10 years, but I will be listening to Led Zeppelin, The Who, Pink Floyd, and Ozzy in 10 years. The music has staying power. I don't think that can be said for much of today's music.

The best end-to-end listenable CD I've bought in the last couple months is Stadium Arcadium by The Red Hot Chili Peppers. There's only one song that I really don't like now that I've given it time to grow on me. Not bad for a two CD set of all-new music.
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

Quote Originally Posted by moabfool
    I have some Yellowcard and Fall Out Boy in my playlist. I own two Yellowcard CD's and three Fall Out Boy CD's. It's pretty good stuff, but I don't find it totally listenable. Can anyone explain why Yellowcard has a fiddle? They're a rock band. There aren't fiddles in rock 'n roll.
    OK well in my opinion neither Yellowcard nor Fall Out Boy has that much "staying power"-- it isn't stuff you will want to listen to after a few months. It seems like their stuff, like many other bands, is cool for a few months and then it just gets kinda tired and old. As far as the fiddle goes, i think its a gimmick, a brand, a uniquifier-- and its kind of neat in some of their songs. I went to a Yellowcard concert (free at the U a few months back) and their fiddle player reminded me of Billy Ray Cyrus. I thought he was a ridiculous clown, as musicians go. IMHO.

Of all the musicians I really like, the only albums I really like to listen to end to end are from AFI (Sing the Sorrow is still easily my favorite album of this decade and their new one may top it, but i need to give it a few months and see how i feel) and Smashing Pumpkins and maybe Radiohead. Other bands I really like (Incubus, Ben Folds, the Cure, among others) have some awesome songs I love, and some that I never listen to.

A lot of the music that I consistently like for a long time to come isn't really catchy at all at first, and is pretty far from the mainstream sounds and chords the radio seems to dwell on. I assume its the same way with other people's favorites.

Anyone bought the new Pearl Jam album? I thought I was done with them and then I heard a single on the radio. It sounded pretty good! My sister and her husband just saw them in Vegas and said they sounded great.

I can't stop listening to the new Killers alblum, Sam's Town. I bought it at Best Buy and it came with an extra CD with two bonus songs. They are just as good if not better than the songs on the regular CD.

James