Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefAutoParts
    My coworker blabbing on and on and on to customers about the in's and out's of features on a cell phone that they will NEVER use or need to know. This psycho-babble is driving me crazy.
    Ha! funny.

Tell me something, I understand the phone can take pictures, video, download songs, pay my bills, shave my face every morning, fill my car up with gas, give my wife appropriate attention ... BUT, can it make a phone call without cutting out?

I have the worst reception with my phone. VERIZON. I've got the flip phone too. It's a tempermental piece of s**t. I've got it all taped up into one piece.

I'm almost out of my 2 year contract. I think when I'm done, I'm going to have a party like it's a mission homecoming. That's what I feel like. I'm too old to serve another mission. 2 years is too long. I'm looking at those "pay as you go" phones.

(BTW, in my truck I have my very first AC/DC album I've ever owned- Back in Black on those old white tapes. It's got sentimental value, so THAT'S what I'm listening to )

Tell me something, can you keep your same phone number with those phones?
    Well, I can tell you the answer we give to customers all the live-long day, or I can tell you the truth. I have stared giving customers my version of the truth where I really don't sugar-coat anything and just watch their reactions. I usually end up telling them something to the effect of "that it would probably be to their advantage to "pony-up" and just pay the early cancellation fee if you feel that our service is so bad." In some cases, it really is and people will pay it.
    To answer other questions, the pay as you go type things are still pretty spendy when compared to what you pay for and what you get with a contracted phone. Right now, Verizon is rumored to have a little-known clause in their contracts with their customers right now that will allow a customer currently under contract to be released out of their contract WITHOUT paying the early cancellation fee. PM or email me if you want more details.
    In general, 99% of the time, you can keep your current phone number and do what's called a "port" ( to another provider, ) thereby allowing you to keep your same cell number with a different cell provider. Your service with the current provider must be active and not cancelled so that the new service provider can complete the process. You don't have to do anything but keep your phone number active.
    Hope this helps. I'm out...
    Like jewels in a crown, the precious stones glittered in the queen's round metal hat.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'm listening to the new black eyed pees cd, It's preety good

Superriffic S*
    Quote Originally Posted by nitmik
    Is that good? My sister has been wating to bring her cd over to itune it and put onto her ipod, but hasn't as of yet. I am curious to know if it's good or not. I LOVED their first album, but you always wonder about the second, if will be up to par.

Quote Originally Posted by Superriffic S*
    Is that good? My sister has been wating to bring her cd over to itune it and put onto her ipod, but hasn't as of yet. I am curious to know if it's good or not. I LOVED their first album, but you always wonder about the second, if will be up to par.
    I really like it, it has that song "my humps" makes me laugh all the time. I hate buying cd's and this is one that I even bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Superriffic S*
    I really like it, it has that song "my humps" makes me laugh all the time. I hate buying cd's and this is one that I even bought.
    Yeah a girl at work here keeps raving about it. Younger crowd I guess.....or I ain't hip.

Alot of country for me. Sitting around playing cards with speakers on. I think I'm the only one who listens to metal.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveOU812
    I think I'm the only one who listens to metal.
    Really? I would actually think there's a lot more metal going around there.

I know that's all I would listen to if I were where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefAutoParts
    Right now, Verizon is rumored to have a little-known clause in their contracts with their customers right now that will allow a customer currently under contract to be released out of their contract WITHOUT paying the early cancellation fee.
    Hmm, interesting. You know, I may look into that, but my 2 year contract ends in about 3 months. I think I'll just spend the remainder of that time carefully studying the different services out there, and the phones.

I'm done with flip phones! I've had 2 of them, and they start to fall apart on me. Sure they're small, and I LOOK REALLY IMPORTANT while talking on them, but I'm going back to the "no moving parts" phone.

Chief, you're selling AT&T, right?

Just put in the new Dave Mathews Band CD Stand Up - IT ROCKS!!

I freaking love Dave Matthews. That new cd is most definately awesome too, especially songs like American Baby and Out of My Hands, those are my personal favorites off that album.
    Some days all you can do is smile and wait for some kind soul to come pull your ass out of the bind you've gotten yourself into

I can't believehow well they gel together...there's not a bad lick on the CD

I can't stop listening to the new Gorillaz, Demon Days album

James

I have my iTunes fired up with Alice in Chains "Jar Of Flies

I just loaded about 4GB of stuff to my notebook.

Van Halen - Fair Warning

DLR is the best!

I hear ya - I just can't get into sammy van hagar..Roth rocks

Ryan Adams and the Cardinals - Cold Roses disk 2.

Its a beautiful tragedy...

Quote Originally Posted by TripleDelux

50 bucks 3/4rds of this board just thought I said "Bryan Adams".....

Guilty

Not me. I knew you wouldn't be the type to go there...or at least admit to it.

Lately I've been on a real Satriani kick. I'm thinking about going out and acquiring the four ablums of his that I DON'T have - Is There Love In Space?, Crystal Planet, Strange Beautiful Music, and Engines of Creation.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Lately I've been on a real Satriani kick. I'm thinking about going out and acquiring the four ablums of his that I DON'T have - Is There Love In Space?, Crystal Planet, Strange Beautiful Music, and Engines of Creation.
    I have been listening to his "Live in San Francisco" album this morning. The song House Full of Bullets from the Crystal Planet album......ROCKS!!!!

This live in SF album is really good!

Iron and Wine.
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.