Page 14 of 93 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to right now?

Quote Originally Posted by kris247
    Steely Dan. I hate Steely Dan.

Hey, I hate pretty much any "Classic Rock". You don't know the hell it is working with the people with whom I work. All Classic Rock, all the time...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

My air conditioner!!!

And Family Guy in the background.
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

"I Like Turtles" by Jonathon the Zombie.

Operation Ivy

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    Dave Mathews Band - Number 41...Live at Red Rocks! Amazing!
    That album rocks so hard! My pandora channel started palying it one day and its now my favorite album as well. This is pretty much what i listen to at work all day.

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh224949552114466074

Late!

-D-

Quote Originally Posted by deathcricket
    Dave Mathews Band - Number 41...Live at Red Rocks! Amazing!
    That album rocks so hard! My pandora channel started palying it one day and its now my favorite album as well. This is pretty much what i listen to at work all day.

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh224949552114466074

Late!

-D-
    I've always felt DMB was way overated, does that stop me from having 1.7 gigs of DMB in my video IPOD?

No....

Letters From Home - John Michael Montgomery (twangy as can be, but still a good one)

Yes it is

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    Quote Originally Posted by kris247
    Steely Dan. I hate Steely Dan.

Hey, I hate pretty much any "Classic Rock". You don't know the hell it is working with the people with whom I work. All Classic Rock, all the time...
    Me too! I'm sooo burned out on "classic rock". I'm listening to Shiny Toy Guns right now...to be followed by Arcade Fire's Neon Bible...probably followed by the Shins...and then maybe a little System of a Down...

uhhhh...then maybe a little Cow-Cow (J-rock) followed by Atilla the Stockbroker!

~Randi
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

My iTunes just finished "Since I Don't Have You" by Guns'n'Roses, and has now cycled to "Standing On Top of the World" by Van Halen. "Gone Shootin" by AC/DC looks like it's up next, followed by "Communication Breakdown" by Led Zeppelin...
    Scars are proof...

Art of Noise, Andrea Bochelli, Loreena McKennit....yeah, it's just a relaxing day...I dont get many of those
    ..but I am heading out to the bikeshop and will have Hawaiian music on tap...Israel Kamakawiwo'ole...Brothers Cazimero

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

I love his version of "Over the Rainbow"

Edit: I think it is actually called "Wonderful World"
    The man thong is wrong.

..but I am heading out to the bikeshop and will have Hawaiian music on tap...Israel Kamakawiwo'ole...Brothers Cazimero
    Check out the Ka'au Crater Boys sometime. Their On Fire album is excellent. (Although, it may be a little hard to find).

I'm currently listening to Ben Harper's new album: Lifeline. Pretty good.

AFI of course. Blaqk Audio is sweet with Davey and Jade from AFI. Excited for the new Thrice stuff. Underoath and the new Scary Kids...

wow - Ive rarely met someone who even knows Hawaiian Music, let alone anyone who knows Braddah IZ ! The Ka'au crater boys I will find - Tropic Island Disc has it -
    ..one of my other favs Im listening to is HAPA...excellent stuff and more contemporary Hawaiian! OH - I get SO homesick fo da islands sometimes braddah!

Since I'm at work for the next 9 hours I've queued up the following binge:

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, AM, Sky Blue Sky, and Summerteeth by Wilco, yes, I'm on a Jeff Tweedy binge.

Here is a little light reading from wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Tweedy

My favorite part (aside from the fight with Jay Farrar). Reprise told them to get lost.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot was originally scheduled to be released on Reprise on September 11, 2001 prior to the band's departure from Reprise. Seven days later, Tweedy decided that he would stream the entirety of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot on Wilco's official website.[37] Over thirty record labels offered to release Yankee Hotel Foxtrot after the departure from Reprise was official.[38] One of the thirty was Warner Brothers affiliate Nonesuch Records, who signed Wilco in November 2001. AOL Time Warner paid Wilco to make the album on Reprise, gave them the record for free, and then bought it back on the Nonesuch label.[39] The album was released on April 23, 2002 to significant critical acclaim, including being named the best album of the year by The Village Voice.[40][41] The album became the biggest hit of Jeff Tweedy's career and was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America for selling over 500,000 copies