Page 5 of 93 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to right now?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Best of Spirit (only the old folk will most likely know this one)

Never regret anything that made you smile!

I've been addicted to "Holes To Heaven" by Jack Johnson for the past couple days. I think it's becoming one of my hippie road trip songs. Favorite lyric, "The bulls were running wild because they're big and mean and sacred."
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

Propaghandi
    Bela Fleck
    Daivd Grisman
    Jurassic Five - Feedback

strange line up, but this is currently my favorite playlist

The kids in the school playground, it recess time. Some of those little voices can carry right past my brick walls. Only to be interupted by the police scanner. For a little poor county we sure have our share of problems.

Gawd I've got to get back to living. Perfect weather outside and I'm in here pounding on a keyboard.......
    ----------------------------------------------
    Life Sucks When Making a Living Gets In The Way Of Living!

...listening to my co-worker ask what's wrong with his email. And then I go push the CAPS LOCK button.

....good thing I got my college degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    ...listening to my co-worker ask what's wrong with his email. And then I go push the CAPS LOCK button.

Sombeach,

According to "Kerry" it's a good thing you got that "college degree" or you would be in "Iraq."
    ----------------------------------------------
    Life Sucks When Making a Living Gets In The Way Of Living!

Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech

Sombeach,

According to "Kerry" it's a good thing you got that "college degree" or you would be in "Iraq."
    How infuriating was that statement!!??? I'm surprised no one has responded back to him that he must have been an uneducated dumbass himself since his butt ended up in Viet Nam.

It's insulting in so many ways. There are many kids who join the military so they can get a proper education because they can't afford to pay for it on their own. They exchange a very valuable service for the education they receive. They should be praised and honored, even if you don't believe in the war.

Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313
    How infuriating was that statement!!??? I'm surprised no one has responded back to him that he must have been an uneducated dumbass himself since his butt ended up in Viet Nam.

It's insulting in so many ways. There are many kids who join the military so they can get a proper education because they can't afford to pay for it on their own. They exchange a very valuable service for the education they receive. They should be praised and honored, even if you don't believe in the war.
    well, savanna, it begs the question why everyone has taken his comment so seriously and looked into it far deeper than his original intentions. it seem that they are obliviously missing the point of the comment, forgetting full well what he himself has been through.

we like drama, this is simply drama.

ps. sorry if my comment is cold, i am not in the best mood ... i just got out of emergency oral surgery
    ... and i unfortunately lost a tooth in the process

Black Sabbath - War Pigs

Quote Originally Posted by stefan

well, savanna, it begs the question why everyone has taken his comment so seriously and looked into it far deeper than his original intentions. it seem that they are obliviously missing the point of the comment, forgetting full well what he himself has been through.

we like drama, this is simply drama.

ps. sorry if my comment is cold, i am not in the best mood ... i just got out of emergency oral surgery
    Hope you feel better soon. Dental work sucks!

Basically, it is *much ado about nothing* I suppose, but it seems that Kerry - of all people - should've thought better before he spoke. It's just one more thing for politicians to feed on during this election time. I'm not much of a fan of either party these days.

They're all an embarrasment to the male gender, which seems to be doing all the screwing up - Be true to your values and have a bit of integrity for crapsakes...

Nirvana - Unplugged in New York
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by stefan

Oh no! You need TLC!!!!!!! ~hugs~

Erythmics "When Tomarrow Comes". The problem with browsing on a PDA is that it'll take three songs to write this reply...
    Don

"Think where man's glory begins and ends and say that my glory was that I had such friends." - Yeats

Mussorgsky: Pictures At An Exhibition - 14. The Hut On Fowls' Legs

I'm surprised no one has responded back to him that he must have been an uneducated dumbass himself since his butt ended up in Viet Nam.
    Well, he "apologized". But, he's sorry that his joke wasn't funny, not that his point was offensive. Anyways, here's how some soldiers responded:
    Attached Images Attached Images