Page 64 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1846

Thread: What are you listening to right now?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Lot's of anger and aggression around here. Jeez guys. Y'all need to relax, that can't be good for you.

I've been on a kick lately where it's either the Cocteau Twins of Bjork. Trying to keep it chill and at least a little weird, but always nice to listen to.

6. Likes hank moon liked this post
    I absolutely LOVE the guitar and bass work in the early Cocteau Twins music. So good...

Quote Originally Posted by hank moon View Post
    Wore out all my CT vinyl back in the 80s - great stuff. I assume you're aware of Fraser's work w/Massive Attack?
    Yeah, that's all great stuff too. I haven't listened to it all, but what I have heard was very good. All of the members of the Cocteau Twins have done some wonderful solo and collaborative work with other artists.

They are one band I wish was still around today. They were strong all the way to the end. About the only thing i don't like of theirs is the rather forgettable version of Winter Wonderland they did. That's not there best work, I'll admit.

"My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Havana, ooh na-na (ay)
    Half of my heart is in Havana, ooh-na-na (ay, ay)
    He took me back to East Atlanta, na-na-na
    All of my heart is in Havana (ay)
    There's somethin' 'bout his manners (uh huh)
    Havana, ooh na-na (uh)

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    Lot's of anger and aggression around here...........

Anger and aggression ? .The second songs on this album, Another State Of Mind, is the song I play for my wife on "special occasions" . Loud, Fast, Chaotic music has always been my refuge. But then again, I am just a punk rock listening, wasteland wandering desert rat

Long Live Diversity !

Quote Originally Posted by windminstrel View Post

Anger and aggression ? .The second songs on this album, Another State Of Mind, is the song I play for my wife on "special occasions" . Loud, Fast, Chaotic music has always been my refuge. But then again, I am just a punk rock listening, wasteland wandering desert rat

Long Live Diversity !
    No worries at all. I like that from time to time myself. I'm just giving you a friendly ribbing, that's all. I actually like Social Distortion. They have some good stuff.

Putting the finishing touches on packing for a four day solo wander down a very promising canyon......got to get the juices flowing...

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    One of the greatest/weirdest albums I've ever heard. Outstanding in almost every way.
    Kate Bush herself just issued a proper re-master of her catalog. This album sounds magnificent. Now I have to rebuy all her albums...again! That's alright, though. I've been waiting years for this to happen.

This record always sounded terrible, and I've bought every new edition of it over the years but was always disappointed. The second half especially sounded flat...NOT ANYMORE!

It's mind blowing, just as good as the Beatles re-masters. Make sure you put this on your X-mas list...you won't be disappointed.

Also, if you're not familiar with it, Tears For Fears just re-mastered "The Hurting" and it finally sounds great, too. That's a really good album.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

18. Likes devo_stevo, hank moon liked this post
    Headbanger's Ballroom by Masterplan

Quote Originally Posted by windminstrel View Post
    Putting the finishing touches on packing for a four day solo wander down a very promising canyon......got to get more juices flowing...

This is my type of music. Thanks for sharing!

21. Likes windminstrel liked this post

I forgot that these guys put out a new album this year. I scored it yesterday as payment for going shopping on black friday. It was worth it so far.