Page 72 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1846

Thread: What are you listening to right now?

It has been spoken in some circles that I, your humble narrator will on occasion listen to music that some consider "heavy"

2. Likes poishishikochi liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yeah, that's pretty heavy alright. Never got into the European Black Metal...I remember listening to an album by Gorgoroth about 15 years ago and though it was the heaviest thing I'd ever heard. Real Satan worship stuff...but with time the vocal style got old.

I love screaming metal with the blast beats, shredding guitars, etc...but tend to prefer bands that are a bit more melodic. "Painkiller" by Judas Priest for example...that's good stuff.

in fact...here it is! watch
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

5. Likes windminstrel liked this post
    Tomorrow your homeless, tonight is a blast....

7. Likes poishishikochi, devo_stevo, Byron liked this post
    That was friggin' awesome. I remember when that album came out...part of the second wave of punk rock in the early 80s. They were playing Holiday In Cambodia on the radio (KROQ Los Angeles). Crazy punk gigs in Hollywood at that time. Saw the Germs and probably the gnarliest band of them all, 45 Grave. Black Flag got going around that time, too. The punk thing didn't last though...because everyone realized the girls were more plentiful in the hair metal scene. I was there and watched the whole thing happen. These two genres kinda "coexisted" for a while, then the punks just disappeared.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qs1pZ9jPwA8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I posted that video trying to get it to embed like you guys have done with these other ones...but I can't figure it out. I looked up how to do it without just a copy and paste of the YouTube link but I f*cked it up. I can cruise around a computer pretty good...but not very good at the same time. Any of you boys wanna explain how to do it IN DETAIL, I'm all ears...or eyes, rather.

Anyway, that is an outstanding song from an outstanding album. U2's Zooropa. Their previous album "Achtung Baby" is considered their masterpiece...but I must say that this album is hot on its heels. Very experimental...and The Edge doesn't do that jangly guitar thing on every song. None of them, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    I posted that video trying to get it to embed like you guys have done with these other ones...but I can't figure it out. I looked up how to do it without just a copy and paste of the YouTube link but I f*cked it up. I can cruise around a computer pretty good...but not very good at the same time. Any of you boys wanna explain how to do it IN DETAIL, I'm all ears...or eyes, rather.

Anyway, that is an outstanding song from an outstanding album. U2's Zooropa. Their previous album "Achtung Baby" is considered their masterpiece...but I must say that this album is hot on its heels. Very experimental...and The Edge doesn't do that jangly guitar thing on every song. None of them, actually.
    Just copy the address of the youtube video straight from the address bar in your browser, then come here and click on the "insert video" button that looks like a film strip. Paste the address from youtube in the box that comes up and hit ok.

Hope that helps.

Good song, too. I dig me some U2 from time to time.

13. Likes Byron liked this post

You are my HERO! Ya!...now I'm gonna go apeshit!

A great song from Mr. Bowie...from an album of his that is one of my favorites "Lodger".

22. Likes devo_stevo liked this post

Classic rock hit parade, courtesy of Byron.

Oh, I'm unleashed now that I was shown how to embed these things...although I'll try not to be too annoying...

But in the meantime, how about a couple more?