Page 91 of 93 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 1846

Thread: What are you listening to right now?

The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    That is a nice song as well.

/\/\/\...they're all nice songs my friend! That one is a rather obscure prog tune. The entire album that song comes from is very good as well.

Staind lead singer has pissed off the leftists with this song calling out their anti-American/ patriotic actions.

I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

6. Likes Byron, devo_stevo, oldno7 liked this post
    Say what you will about the David Lee Roth vs. Sammy Hagar controversy...Sammy is a great singer but Roth's performance on this song alone blows away anything Hagar ever did with the band, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Say what you will about the David Lee Roth vs. Sammy Hagar controversy...Sammy is a great singer but Roth's performance on this song alone blows away anything Hagar ever did with the band, IMO.

Red Rocket all the way. I really like his vocals, even followed and enjoyed his solo stuff before and after VH. DLR was a bit too flamboyant and goofy for my taste.

I’ve never been much of a concert goer. Only been to a handful of them in my life. But, it was great to see VH in concert when they came to Park City back in the late 90s. Unfortunately, that was during the dismal Gary Shirone (sp?) era, so I got to see northern RR or DLR. But, watching the Van Halen bro’s and Michael Anthony plan in person was quite fun.
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

That's "Red Rocker", dude. I saw them at the US Festival in '83...what a drunken mess that was!...then again with Sammy in '94 here in Denver. Sammy can play that guitar, man. They had a song where he and Eddie exchanged solos and I was very impressed...I was only 4 rows back from the front. I own every VH album of the Roth era, but none of the Sammy era. I bought 5150 when it first came out and liked some of the songs on it, but it didn't have "holding power"...kinda like cream cheese, whereas the Roth albums are desert island stuff, IMO. I should post up a couple Montrose vids...as that is when I think Sammy was at his best.

This is an outstanding documentary. Some of you may have noticed that I post music that consists of metal, rock and also a lot of this New Wave stuff as it was called. 1979-1983 was it's heyday and it actually produced a lot of excellent music. It was all the girlfriends I had back in those days that got me into this stuff. Bowie may have kicked off the androgynous thing in the early 70s but this is when it really kicked into high gear...even bled over to the rock genre (hair metal bands)...and IMO the kids of these people are now running the media.

If you like the New Wave music of that era, you MUST watch this video. I was already familiar with most of this, but it's very interesting and I actually learned quite a bit.

I'm a big fan of Bowie and one of my favorite albums of his is from 1979...Lodger. It's excellent, it's weird...really weird. Seeing a clip of this video in the documentary I posted above prompted me to bring the whole song in. Great album, you should check it out, but...it's weird. Perhaps even an acquired taste or needs several listens.

Full volume on this one, gentlemen...

More than 50 years on and nothing has changed...the irony of his critique of the media is especially telling.

17. Likes devo_stevo liked this post
    Unfortunately...I'm gonna have to dedicate this one to all our friends, allies, translators and those within the Afghan National Army over there in the now abandoned shithole...

Tomorrow Def Leppard's High N' Dry album is 40 years old. The first time I heard the album I was cruising State Street in my Camaro Z-28 with Joel Brinholt and two hot young ladies jumped into the back seat at a stop light and hand me the High N' Dry cassette and said play this, you'll love it. The funny thing is when they got out later after a couple laps of State Street they forgot to take the cassette with them... Score... my first Def Leppard cassette. Awe... the good old days... cruising State was a blast.

21. Likes devo_stevo liked this post
    IMO...this is the only Def Leppard song you need to own. High and Dry is a great album, but the ones that they produced afterwards and became so popular never really did it for me...all of it sounded too much the same...that Mutt Lange production.

Speaking of which...listen to Back in Black and Pyromania back to back to see what I mean.

OK...never mind. First time I've ever run into this! Watch it on Youtube, I reckon.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Tried to help^^^^^
    Got the same thing
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?