Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gas Prices De-railing Weekend Travels?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Hybrid car = queer
    Hybrid car = substantially lower gas expenses
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandy
    I just lost the ability to see, but I can still feel your butt looking at me!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yeah laugh all you want. I keep laughing too.

But it only happens every 3 1/2 weeks or so when I go to the pump. You know I am NOT a greenie. But I do care about the environment, it is all we have. I was simply in the market for a mid sized car and I only buy Toyota's. I could have had the Camry for the same price. I looked at the mpg city 24/34 highway. Then I looked at the Prius, city 60/51 highway.

Then I started reading about the technology and all the awards that it had won. The size of the car was really similar. The Prius did have it beat in head room tho (important to me). I also liked the Prius for the hatchback. I could load my bike and some gear for camping if needed (stack it to the roof). Really a versatile car.... The Camry is just a sedan so yeah the back is a trunk. The Prius was a better car for us. Looking at the gas numbers, the make up of the car and a $2000 tax deduction. You really don't have to be a brain surgeon to see why I bought it.

I drove it to the swell loaded with camping gear, three people, going 80 mph and on some dirt roads. We drove about 530 miles and it cost under $30 (12 ga tank=44mpg). My truck would have got 18 mpg and cost around $80. I really don't have to remind myself why I bought the car. People EVERYWHERE remind me when they ask, "What kind of gas mileage are you getting?" or "So how much do you save a month driving that?" Its all GRAVY man........call me what you will. I luv it and laugh all the way to the bank.

I was watching something on CNN a few days ago about this guy who installed a lithium ion battery system in his hybrid. Every night he plugs it into a wall socket and the batteries hold enough charge to drive about 40 miles without ever turning the gas engine on, and 40 miles in more then enough for most people's daily commute. He was saying that he only neeeds to fill his gas tank every 1000 to 1500 miles.

God, I{ wish I had the money to buy a hybrid!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandy
    I just lost the ability to see, but I can still feel your butt looking at me!

DickHead
    But what's his electric bill? Is he trading one problem for another?

If food prices go up, all I need is my shotgun and a few boxes of shells and ill go grouse hunting.
    I went down to the sporting goods store and got a new rod and reel for my wife.....pretty good trade, don't ya think?

What is funny or queer about a hybrid car???