View Poll Results: What's your favorite Holiday?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Valentine's Day

0 0%
  • Easter

1 7.14%
  • Independence Day

3 21.43%
  • Pioneer Day

0 0%
  • Halloween

5 35.71%
  • Thanksgiving

1 7.14%
  • Christmas

2 14.29%
  • New Year's

0 0%
  • Other (please explain)

2 14.29%

Thread: Your Favorite Holiday

Your Favorite Holiday

Just curious. After casting your vote tell us why you chose what you did.

I chose Independence Day because it's the summertime, the weather is great, and for the fireworks, BBQs, and the overall feeling of patriotism that is shared throughout the country.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Superriffic S*
    Other, being my BIRTHDAY!!! I believe that my birthday should be a holiday!!! Other than the fact that it is MY birthday, I happen to share it with two other people... Rockgremlin and his wife! So, I believe that is my favorite holiday and I am stickin' to it!

btw... side note here, a Birthday emoticon would be helpful to get my point across but, I will make due with the "bandit" one. He looks Cinco De Mayo like aka celebration time!

Quote Originally Posted by Superriffic S*
    Other, being my BIRTHDAY!!! I believe that my birthday should be a holiday!!! Other than the fact that it is MY birthday, I happen to share it with two other people... Rockgremlin and his wife! So, I believe that is my favorite holiday and I am stickin' to it!
    Oh I'm callin' on that! I know for a fact that Christmas is your favorite holiday! You even said so when I confronted you about playing Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving! (Which I thoroughly despise. At least let December arrive before I have to hear Christmas carols for 5 straight weeks!)
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Superriffic S*
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Oh I'm callin' on that! I know for a fact that Christmas is your favorite holiday! You even said so when I confronted you about playing Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving! (Which I thoroughly despise. At least let December arrive before I have to hear Christmas carols for 5 straight weeks!)
    You know, I was going to vote for Christmas, but then I thought... what day do I REALLY love?!?!?! MY BIRTHDAY!!! Even tho christmas is a several week affair, I still think that my birthday beats all... I don't have to share it with anyone else (present company not withstanding). I get presents... I get to have people sing to me... I get to blow out candles... I get to choose what I want to do and guess what?!? Everyone else has to do it because, why...? IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!

I voted Easter. It means Spring, Jeep Safari, and high hopes of a great summer ahead.

I love spring. I get depressed in the Fall, 'cause I always feel like I didn't accomplish everything I could in the Summer.

Probably the reason I like halloween so much is becuase we usually go to the uintas every year during UEA weekend, I know its not exactly halloween, but it is october, and october means great hunting and fishing.
    I went down to the sporting goods store and got a new rod and reel for my wife.....pretty good trade, don't ya think?

I love halloween. That time of year seems to have a type of electricity in it for some reason to me.
    Let's Roll

I really don't like holidays. Yeah call me the grinch or scrooge if you must. They are all an excuse for vendors to make money. It seems like every other week they roll out the next holidays stuff at the grocery store. Then you are on the ____ list if you don't get something for your significant other. Bla Bla Bla.....

I prefer thanksgiving for all the food and football. Christmas sucks because everyone gets a chubby over being the first one to buy a $20 dollar DVD player that will break next week. People get all worked up over a parking spot. I just toy with people and get them going around the stores. Then just say yeah merry Christmas to you. But I usually avoid the shopping all together. Just do all your shopping online..........

Pie and Beer day.

Not because of the pioneer celebrations, because if you go out of state everyone is at work on that weekday and you're not!

Otherwise I don't really celebrate holidays, they are more like "time to go on a a trip." Though I avoid Memorial Day and Labor Day (too many other people out).

Halloween, I just love the time of year. Thankgiving is just a step behind Oct 31, any holiday where I can eat anything I want all day long is on my favorite list. And my birthday sucks, I get sick every year.

Given a choice I'd pick Halloween. It's in the fall, a great time of year. There are no crowds other than for one evening. It doesn't cost any more than a few bags of candy. I love the coolness in the air w/o it being cold, great time to be on the Desert and the Swell.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Life Sucks When Making a Living Gets In The Way Of Living!

DickHead
    I despise holidays. For the last 12 years of my life I've worked most holidays, I despise commercilization of holidays (Especially religious holidays....and I'm an Athiest!), and I get tired of all the "Oh, have a Merry Christmas...." and even worse "Happy Holidays", since "christmas" is religious and therefore offensive
    The only good thing to come from Holidays is the extra pay I get.

Quote Originally Posted by JamisJockey
    I despise commercilization of holidays
    Ironically your a cyclist, the only thing worse is golf!

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by icthys
    You mean commercialization of the sport?

Quote Originally Posted by icthys
    You mean commercialization of the sport?
    It seems like the "in" thing now. Even the overweight guys here at work are buying $3000 bikes.

DickHead
    Well if they are getting out and exercising on them, whats the gripe?
    I bought by first road bike in '93. I got out of it about '96 and got really fat between '97 and '00. I bought another road bike and dropped 40lbs. I'm on my second road bike, and have a cyclocross and mountain bike. I'm not into fads. It beats the shit out of running or sitting in a gym.

I despise holidays. For the last 12 years of my life I've worked most holidays, The only good thing to come from Holidays is the extra pay I get.
    Closing in on thirty years of law enforcement, and I hear you on that one. Try being a new years eve baby and then work New Years Eve. You get to meet some of the most precious people.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Life Sucks When Making a Living Gets In The Way Of Living!

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Walkers
    I despise holidays. For the last 12 years of my life I've worked most holidays, The only good thing to come from Holidays is the extra pay I get.
    Closing in on thirty years of law enforcement, and I hear you on that one. Try being a new years eve baby and then work New Years Eve. You get to meet some of the most precious people.
    I went on a Holiday ride along once with a buddy of mine back in Arizona. It was Memorial day IIRC, and it was a mess. All drunks, all night. Fights, stabbings, passed out in the middle of a busy highway and no idea how he got there....etc....
    Anymore I prefer to work on the Holidays. Hell, on Christmas and Turkey day we have less traffic, despite the higher passenger counts.