Thread: a "new" Utahn

a "new" Utahn

Hey all, Ian here. Like Treehugger, my new wife and I are from Michigan and have lived here since Feb 05.

First thing: this place rocks!

2nd thing: cool idea for a site, that encompasses all that there is to love about Utah.

3rd thing: Long live long rides!

talk to ya'll soon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Welcome Mtnbiker!!! Good to have you. Yes we all bow down to Utah!!! A mecca for all outdoor activities.

Welcome! Utah is the greatest place really. I too am a Midwestern native. Moved out here in '99 from Indiana.

Welcome, while you're here sign up for our fantasy football league, we need 1 more team.

What part of N. Mich.?

Hey Mtnbiker what part of Northern Michigan? I'm from Duluth, MN. My moms from Copper Harbor up in the U.P., still have relatives in Escanaba.

Hi Ian!! (It's Karen, didja know??)

I love the way you say "my new wife" on everything!! heehee.

(Ian and Tammy are newlyweds!!)
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Cheboygan, MI, same place I was born and raised. He even knows some of my cousins. Small world!

Welcome Ian!
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

Hey Kare - yeah it's exciting!

J - Yep I'm still a troll, we lived under the bridge :) We drove through Escanaba for the first on the way back to UT. That was a nice drive along the lake.
    It is definitely a small world though. As Derstuka mentioned we grew up in the same town and know some of the same people, although 4 years apart. I was on business in CA this year and ran into another guy from Cheboygan, whose father worked with my grandfather for many years back in MI - crazy small world!

Utah is a unique place. Probably 90% of the people I've met are transplants, and 50% of those are from Michigan or the midwest. Just somethin' about open skies, killer snow and durrrr, the mountains.

Is Treehugger (Karen) from Cheboygan as well? If so, we have the makings of a Cheboygan reunion here.

Papa J's was probably closed and turned into that Taco Bell before you graduated I would guess. That was my gang's hangout before a party was found (as well as everybody else's). There are a couple people out here from Cheboygan as well. One of them I knew before I moved out, and one I just ran into--she was 2 years ahead of me. I haven't seen either in many years though.
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

Nope, I'm from Ann Arbor but my dad and brother live up north in Petoskey so I'm kinda a northerner. :-) Northern Michigan ROCKS!
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

DickHead
    Its good to see all these other transplants around here. I moved from Texas about 4 1/2 years ago...I ain't from texas but that was the last place I was.

I have been to Petosky and Ann Arbor

My grandma lives in Three Rivers.

Petoskey was our big competition in soccer growing up and Ann Arbor was my home for several years. both are awesome places to be!

maybe we need a Michigan forum on this board, eh? :) j/k Utah is way more cooler