Thread: Upper Chute Canyon

Upper Chute Canyon

What a GREAT trip! The weather was perfect and everything went really smooth. Thanks again to rockgremlin and kyrell for taking us to this canyon. It was a BLAST!!! I would guess we hiked about 12 miles and it took us about 9 hours with an hour lunch and several other breaks. The wash leading and exiting the narrows was long and monotonous but the narrows made everything worth it. The pot holes where very full and in great numbers. Rockgremlin and Kyrell said they probably had not been thru a canyon that wet perhaps EVER. It was pothole after stinky pothole. We also had to go thru the pothole from HELL. We called it the trash bin and everyone agreed that it was the worst they had ever seen. It was like the trash bin from Star Wars.

This canyon was beautiful and I couldn
    Attached Images Attached Images                                                         

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yea, I have to agree. Great trip. This canyon was just wild. I have to admit, I'm a little stiff today but I don't regret it. After 12 miles, I kinda expected it.

Doncha like how I wore my helmet the ENTIRE hike -- even in the approach and exit? Safety First! Very nice pics. You represented the hike very well, though you forgot to post a picture of that GORGEOUS spearpoint that Fourtycal found. I'm still jealous!!!!!!!

I still can't believe we went through that sewer pothole...yuck!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I love what little hiking/canyoneering me and my wife have done, mostly with the help of some friends of ours. I can only imagine the thrill your group got on this trip.

Very nice pictures, I admire your determination but question your sanity. I believe with counseling and the right meds each one of you can be helped.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Life Sucks When Making a Living Gets In The Way Of Living!

I WOULD get counseling, but the voices in my head advise against it...

I see you're from Mt. Pleasant. Do you know Tina and David Dyches?

This is up there with some of the coolest things I have ever done. What a blast!
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Counseling wont help me. I live for this kind of thing. The whole time all I could do is hope that it would flash on us and we would have to climb out the side of the canyon....

Wow...maybe I do need help.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    I WOULD get counseling, but the voices in my head advise against it...

I see you're from Mt. Pleasant. Do you know Tina and David Dyches?
    The names sure sound familiar, do the have anything to do with the B/B on 200 West Main? I retired from Mt. Pleasant some six years ago and have been slowly loosing contact with its citizens. They must be good people, I never had to deal with them that I recall.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Life Sucks When Making a Living Gets In The Way Of Living!

Ya, they run that B&B. They're good friends with my wife. Goodpeople.

Wow, great TR.

That looks like a bunch o' fun. I'm getting a new Donjoy kneebrace soon, and an Otterbox. I'll be good to go through some of these technical ones, and we can get some cool video.

Looks like a ton of potholes. If your gear is watertight, those can be pretty fun.

Great pics man! Upper Chute was awesome -- one for the books this year. The question is, when are we going again?

Hey. Great trip report! I'm especially proud of the helmets! Neil, and the rest of the helmet Nazi's will also be proud.

I haven't been keeping up as well with the boards lately, I about got fired a few weeks ago for wasting time on the internet and figured I better lay off, and since I've moved into a new apartment complete with pool, sand volleyball, and babes, not much time to spend on the internet...

Zion this week: Kolob and 2 or three others I'll let you know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by rock_ski_cowboy
    I about got fired a few weeks ago for wasting time on the internet and figured I better lay off
    I consider that to be more of a problem with the management. They should keep you busier so you don't have time to waste doing other things.

Lookin forward to that Zion TR!

No kidding! Management will blame their employees for not having much to do.

Seems like management is getting paid the big bucks for production, but the employees are supposed to come up with it on their own.

Wow this photos are amazing! I wasn't coming in here because I don't canyoneer but I'm glad I did. You brave souls! However, I could never swim through those murky waters. That's my #1 fear - water where you can't see the bottom. Yikes!