Thread: Kayaking, Willard Bay

Kayaking, Willard Bay

Well, I had my first kayaking experience yesterday and I must say I loved it.

We rented the kayak from Canyon Sports ($20 per day, pretty good price, I'd guess). We even happened on the bay on the same day as a retailers show on Eagle Beach, there must have been 100 kayaks and canoes on the beach. Too bad I never managed to get a look at it all.

Anyway, the water warm (probably in the mid-70's, I'd guess) so that made it all nicer. The only problem was the kayak itself.

We got a Malibu II sit-on-top ocean kayak. The problem was that it was a two-person model. So you need two people in order to have any appreciable amount of control over the thing. One person in it is like trying to paddle an inner tube. The seats are also a pain in the rear, literally. It was heavy too. Next time we're going to get a one-person sit-in kayak. That should be better.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandy
    I just lost the ability to see, but I can still feel your butt looking at me!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Well, that's too bad. I'd like to rent one of those little short ones, and take it for a spin, practice some tricks in it before I hit the rapids.

We're going out for round two on tuesday. One of my Dad's friends (the same as with the wave runners) has his boat free and were all going up to Pineview. But this time I reserved a one-man sit-in lake kayak, with rudder and better seats. Should be better this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandy
    I just lost the ability to see, but I can still feel your butt looking at me!