Thread: TR: Butterfield

DickHead

TR: Butterfield

Started from the ghettos of WJC and went south. Up through Herriman, where the traffic slackened off quickly. There was a stiff breeze out of the South, but otherwise it was warm but not too hot. The sun was mostly hiding behind some high clouds, making it feel a little cooler I'm sure. I started up the canyon and traffic became nil (I saw 7 cars, two of which I saw twice). About 1/2 way up, I came across a 12" snake (almost got him). Doubled back and encouraged him to get off the damn road!
    Some guy yelled out his window at me on his way down. Red pickup, moustache, white shirt with the sleeves cut off, ATV in bed of truck. I didn't quite hear him, and got kindof defensive...until my brain processed what he said:
    You can make it!
    Yea, thanks.
    Near the end of the pavement, the road kicks up to some gawdaful gradient. There was alot of debris on the road, making it unsafe on a road bike (almost fell over trying to weave my way between golf-ball sized rocks), making me turn around. 2:19:50, 37.98 miles.
    Attached Images Attached Images         

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nice report..........man is that thing a rattler?

I have not seen that cave....what is in it and where?

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Nice report..........man is that thing a rattler?

I have not seen that cave....what is in it and where?
    Nope. I think its a water snake. Note the skinny head. A rattler will have a triangular head with jaws like a pitbull.

Its on the right hand side about 2 miles up. Its behind a fence, which is private property (Kennecott). There is a well defined trail up to it, though....

Re: TR: Butterfield

Quote Originally Posted by JamisJockey
    Some guy yelled out his window at me on his way down. I didn't quite hear him, and got kindof defensive
    Hey, I get that same way when I'm riding the road. I "wait" for the slightest honk, mumble, or even the wrong look from drivers.

I'm constantly prepared to "fight for road cyclists". I think it's because the drivers don't have any right to complain, because they aren't putting any effort into their commute.

Quote Originally Posted by JamisJockey
    Yes, thats my speedometer, while I'm moving. I'm not real smart.
    If we all followed the rules, and played it safe, we wouldn't have any cool photos, or stories to read about.

Nice picture. Nobody should chew you out at all for that. You know what's right and wrong, but you saw an opportunity and you took it.

DickHead
    I did have to slow down from 34 to take the shot, too.