Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ***UUTAH Fantasy Football League***

I would be game for that........cool!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by icthys
    I'm tossing around an idea.

I work for a high end home theater company. We have a sweet showroom in Sugar House. I think it may be cool to have a kick off party. We can watch the game in HD on a 100" screen. The problem is I'll be in Indy that opening weekend, though we could do it for the Monday night game.

What ya'll think?
    Ah, man! I'm pretty much tied up every evening--and Sundays too. But I'll be with you in spirit! Get ready for some smack!

Shane

Alrighty, I found another player, a good friend of mine.

We've now got 10 players. Should I close it up and get the draft going? or wait and see if others want to play? I say get it going.

Lets get it ON!!! I say give a date when you are going to do the draft. Just to give people a few days to change players if they want. Not like they have not had enough time already. My $.02 You ARE the long arm of the law......commish.

It's time to get this thing going.

I've sent emails to those who responded to me.

I am going to change our status to "ready to draft" tomorrow/tues/Aug 30.

After I've set it it will only take a couple days to draft.

Good luck to you and pull your panties up and get ready to play.

I almost forgot to set the draft order. This was done totally at random. I wrote down the #'s 1-10 on pieces of paper. I then blindly drew a # for each player in the order that they registered. This draft order could help with your pre-rankings. Here is the order in which each team registered and the position they will draft in.

1. Wasatch Wasps #10
    2. Big Balls #6
    3. Live2ride #2
    4. Savage Injuns #5
    5. lurpy beasts #8
    6. Sons of Beaches #9
    7. Cunning Cowboy #3
    8. Krum katchers #7
    9. Blood Spillers #4
    10. Lumberjacks #1

Keep in mind that the 1st round will draft in order 1-10, the second round will draft 10-1, and so on alternating the order from 1-10 and 10-1.

If anyone needs extra time to set pre-ranking let me know, otherwise I will set the pre-draft to ready tomorrow evening at 5:00.

Good luck

We've had 2 more sign up making a total of 12 teams!

I've reassigned the draft order. Sorry for the inconvienence, I hope it doesn't add any problems.

To give people a little more time in case they don't get the update until later tonight the draft will now be tomorrow (Wed) at 5:00 pm.

Wasps 11
    Big Balls 5
    Live2Ride 10
    Savage injuns 4
    Lurpy Beasts 3
    Sons of Beaches 6
    cunning cowboy 7
    Krum Catchers 2
    Blood Spillers 12
    Lumberjacks 8
    Ice 9
    crickets 1

We ARE doing this for $$$ are we not? (at least that was my impression). Should we say a minimum $5 bid -- putting the pot at $60? I would be willing to go higher if others don't mind - say $10 or so. ($120 pot aint bad).

Let me know the amount and where to send the $$$.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I'm ok with a little wager. We need to check with everyone. If you don't want in on the pot then we can figure it out with those that do.

Lets go with $10.

Do you want it to be winner takes all, or divide it up for the top 3?

Hmmm. I'm leaning more towards winner takes all - or maybe the top two split the winnings down the middle?

What does everybody think?

I'm cool with $10. I say divide the winnings up between top 3, but thats just me.
    Some days all you can do is smile and wait for some kind soul to come pull your ass out of the bind you've gotten yourself into

Whatever if fine with me. BRING it!

I've barely got time to manage the league. Will someone step up and manage the $10 pot?

I can handle the money. Just send it my way....... I have a PayPal account and can hold it until the end of the season. But we only have 4 of the twelve that have committed to money? If everyone agrees then I will give my PayPal info.

I thought we were supposed to draft yesterday?

I set the draft to "ready" yesterday (actually early this morning). On the league page somewhere it says the draft will happen between now and Monday. It usually happens sooner than later. I apologise if I was misleading and caused you to think everything would be drafted by this morning. It'll happen, just keep checking.

I can probably go $10--although I feel kind of guilty about it when there's all those folks in need in New Orleans, Mississippi etc.

Shane

Quote Originally Posted by jimflint1
    I can probably go $10--although I feel kind of guilty about it when there's all those folks in need in New Orleans, Mississippi etc.
    Shane
    Geez, that's kind of a negative point of view. There's people in this world that live in worse conditions than those who have just been made homeless in New Orleans.

Before Katrina hit, would you have felt guilty about spending $10 because of all the destitution in all of the third world countries in the world?

Ten is cool with me.....

but I feel kinda guilty about taking all your money...

Especially cause I'm going to spend all my winnings on hookers and beer

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Geez, that's kind of a negative point of view. There's people in this world that live in worse conditions than those who have just been made homeless in New Orleans.

Before Katrina hit, would you have felt guilty about spending $10 because of all the destitution in all of the third world countries in the world?
    You're right---life goes on, and there are many people worse off. Can't help them all. And yeah, sometimes I feel guilty about spending money on things when I could be helping someone in a third world country. I guess it's because this one is so close to home, in America, and so recent. I stopped looking for a digital camera because of it--at least for the time being.
    The 9/11 thing was a little different. In that case, the terrorists wanted us to change our way of life, so the thing to do was keep on being Americans and doing what we do.
    Sorry if I was a bit negative. I didn't really mean to be. Just kind of thinking out loud.
    I guess the real negative thing I'm going to say is "Why dole out ten bucks when I'm drafting 12th and I'm a rookie at this? I'll just be throwing a Hamilton down the drain."

Shane

Ya, I feel your pain. I'm tossing in $10 knowing it will probably never come back. I'm a rookie at this too.

So should we say top three winners take all? (That way at least the chances of winning SOMETHING is greater).