Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: ***UUTAH Fantasy Football League***

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Is it winner take all or ?????

Oops. I forgot to read all the posts except the last few, then went back and read them after I added a player. Is it official that we can't add any players from here on out? If so, I'll sit the guy I just added.

And thanks acca, for letting me know I was still in. I thought I was done.

Okay, after re-reading the posts, I think my addition was legal--that is, he wasn't from any locked teams. Maybe I'll start him after all. For all the good it will do.

My feelings are teams that are eliminated should be locked, which I think they are now. Everything else is fair game.

My only problem was with teams that were eliminated dropping high quality players into the mix and screwing things up.

Ice

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Is it winner take all or ?????
    Top three winners get 50%, 30%, 20%, respectively.

Well da Bears just sealed the deal for me and put me in the championship game. What a defense, as I say that they just sacked Favre back to back and then on the next play they picked him off. I still have two players going on Monday night. Perhaps I will put them on the bench and rest them up for next week.

This is going to be the grudge match. The Injuns are on my hit list for giving me my first of three losses. Rockgremlin and I need to get together on Sunday to watch the games. It looks like 90% of them are on Sunday. Your boys better "bring it" this next week. My boys have been lighting it up. This is for all the marbles.

Yeah -- the Injuns versus Big Balls....I couldn't think of a better ending to the season!!

Too bad I have a family party next sunday......
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I figured that if I could get to the championship game I would have an edge. I have all but one player playing at home. The Injuns have many guys playing on the road. Also I think they have some harder match-ups. However, I have my work horse James that laid down this week. Because they already have home field in the playoffs. That might happen this next week as well? That would suck!!

We also have some interesting play going in the consolation bracket. Who would have thought that the Spillers could hang 4 big fat zeros and then have Boller drop 21 on Minnesota to beat the Katchers. Unbelievable....

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca

We also have some interesting play going in the consolation bracket. Who would have thought that the Spillers could hang 4 big fat zeros and then have Boller drop 21 on Minnesota to beat the Katchers. Unbelievable....
    Hey, I listened to the Fantasy Football Show on 1320 Saturday morning and they said the Boller would be good pick for this week. Glad I listened as most of my other guys failed to produce. And Katchers ought to smack you upside the head for reminding me I was still in. I still had the injured Warner going at QB up until the last minute.

You guys are all dreamin'.... Cory Dillon is going to put up 30 tonight and I'll be in the championship game

At least I took fifth. I thought at the beginning of the season that I was going to finish 12th.

This is just great.....

"Dec 27 - The Cincinnati Bengals likely will wait until later in the week to decide whether Palmer will get the starting nod in Sunday's regular-season finale against the Kansas City Chiefs. The quarterback most certainly will be limited over the next couple of days, primarily as a precautionary measure, after suffering a slight groin strain in the closing minutes of last weekend's loss to the Buffalo Bills.

Advice: With their playoff spot already secured, the Bengals aren't playing for much this weekend, which could be reason enough to rest Palmer and get him healthy for the postseason. If that is the case, Jon Kitna would get the call against the Chiefs. Look for updates in the coming days. In 15 games this season, Palmer has completed 67.9 percent of his pass attempts for 32 touchdowns, 12 interceptions and 252.1 yards per contest
    ."

Thanks a lot DICKWEED!!!!! There goes my $40 down the drain!

Quote Originally Posted by icthys
    Pick up Jon Kitna.
    I just don't think Kitna can deliver the same numbers as Palmer. I may as well just pick up some other starting QB from the waivers - like Gus Frerotte, or something.

Geez, healthy all season, and then BAMO.....groin injury the week before the championship game!!

This baby has come to a close.

Here is the rundown..........

1st Place and League Champion goes to BIG BALLS (accadacca)
    2nd Savage Injuns (rockgremlin)
    3rd Ice (Iceaxe)

Thanks to everyone for playing! Special thanks to icthys for coming up with the idea and organizing it. I had a great time and I am already looking forward to next year.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Special thanks to icthys for coming up with the idea and organizing it. I had a great time and I am already looking forward to next year.
    DITTO

Yup. I agree. I think for next year instead of doing a three-way split for the cash, we should do a 50/50, with the regular season champ getting 50%, and the playoffs champ getting the other half. This seems more fair considering the final week is so crazy and unpredictable.