Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ***UUTAH Fantasy Football League***

***UUTAH Fantasy Football League***

Make sure you have your yahoo account.

Go here http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....ter/joinleague and select custom league.

league ID- 368129
    Password- uutah

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I just signed up. My team is called Big Balls......

I am so ready to play!!!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

I'm the 'Savage Injuns'
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    I'm the 'Savage Injuns'
    The uutah commissioner might BAN you.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    I'm the 'Savage Injuns'
    There will be no banning as long as chili cheese dogs are involved.

alright, i'm in
    Oh, and when is our draft gonna be?
    Some days all you can do is smile and wait for some kind soul to come pull your ass out of the bind you've gotten yourself into

Quote Originally Posted by crazy horse
    alright, i'm in
    Oh, and when is our draft gonna be?
    As soon as we get enough people, hopefully that will be before the season starts.

Alright we only have five people signed up in the league.

Here's who said they wanted to play.

icthys (check)
    Rock Gremlin (check)
    Accadacca (check)
    Live2Ride (check)
    Kill em All (check)
    troutfisher (?)
    Crazy Horse (check)
    Sombeech (check)

I have two others and I will get on their case to get signed up. Correct me if I am wrong icthys. Isn't the cap 10 for the league?

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I'm in. We're the Sons of Beaches.
    Of course..........

Hey if anyone else wants in, you are welcome to join. Or if you have friends that are football fans.

I believe I capped at 12 just in case, if we only have 10 it's no big deal. In order to draft we need an even number of players.

We now have eight in the league. We would like to get at least two more. Icthys mentioned that he set the cap at 12. We need a couple more people to make the ten. Get signed up if you want in. This is going to be a good time. My team "Big Balls" is going to violate the other teams.....

I'm a novice to football fantasy leagues. I did baseball once. If you still need people, when all is said and done, I'd like to try it.

Shane

Quote Originally Posted by jimflint1
    I'm a novice to football fantasy leagues. I did baseball once. If you still need people, when all is said and done, I'd like to try it.

Shane
    Yeah we still need or want more people. You can use the link at the top of the page to sign up. Football is the easiest all of the fantasy league's. We would then need one more to make an even ten. The league caps at twelve. Jump right in there.

Okay, my team is the "Blood Spillers" at least until I can think of a better name. By the way, does anyone know how to get to the help page or the FAQ page? I know there's a Java download if we're doing a live draft that we need, but I had to stop in the middle of the download and can't find my way back to that page.

Cheers,

Shane

Come on!!! We need 1 more player. Step up and show us what you're made of people! We've only got a few weeks till kick off left.

Quote Originally Posted by jimflint1
    Okay, my team is the "Blood Spillers" at least until I can think of a better name. By the way, does anyone know how to get to the help page or the FAQ page? I know there's a Java download if we're doing a live draft that we need, but I had to stop in the middle of the download and can't find my way back to that page.

Cheers,

Shane
    Sweet! Good to have you in the league Shane. You can look at the settings link for some league info. It shows that we are doing an auto draft. So we wont need the java deal. You should set your "Pre-Draft Player rankings" list the way that you would want it for the draft. It is currently set up as the default.

As mentioned we now need one more team. So someone pony up and join. It would be cool to have a female in there. It is really easy and the people that are the least interested or know the least sometimes do the best. It is all about the numbers........

As a warning to settings your pre-rankings, it's not as black and white as it seems.

For instance, the first year I pre-ranked I thought it would draft your team as follows.

1. RB Holmes
    2. DEF Ravens
    3. QB Manning
    4. WR Owens

I picked my first choice in each postion and used them as my first 1-10 ranked picks. When the draft started the guy with the first pick got Holmes, I then picked 2nd. This is where it got screwed up, instead of next picking a running back after Holmes I drafted the Ravens defense as my #1 pick!!! Big mistake!!! You don't want to draft a defense in the first 10 rounds! Then by the time my second pick came up Manning and Owens were gone, thus picking a low running back as my 2nd pick. My roster was all screwed up.

I finally figured out how the auto-draft works. Even though I've figured it out you can only figure it out for the first 1-3 rounds, the reason is you never know how the other managers are going to draft. The auto is not an ideal draft system, but in a league where we have begginers the auto is best (not to mention I don't want to take the time to have a 4 hour live draft). The very best thing to do is keep the rankings the way yahoo has set them, unless you're confident you've figured it out.

I doubt any of that made sense?

I'm tossing around an idea.

I work for a high end home theater company. We have a sweet showroom in Sugar House. I think it may be cool to have a kick off party. We can watch the game in HD on a 100" screen. The problem is I'll be in Indy that opening weekend, though we could do it for the Monday night game.

What ya'll think?