Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where Is It #4 - Contest Closed

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Dang still too far for me

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Photoshop is actually one of the reasons why I'm gravitating more towards doing these contests "scavenger hunt" style. You guys get the prize immediately upon finding the location, and I don't have to pay for shipping.

OK, now that everyone knows where this is, will someone get out there and post a real photo of it?
    You could always put a watermark somwhere on the original picture that you post. Then that picture couldn't be used for the Photoshoping? Just an idea, but it's your contest do it the way you want.

Dang, not all that far for me... too bad I didn't see this earlier in the day, then I could have done something more productive than sit around on my keister watching TV!

Alrighty folks... quick post here, then I've gotta hit the shower (for being a mile and a half one way, that is hella lots of climbing for a first hike of the season! didn't realize the trail went straight up the mountain... )

At any rate, if it weren't for jumar's topo link, I'd have never found this myself either so I definitely don't think I deserve any prizes or anything, but figured this thread needed to be closed off, so... here goes!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

congrats
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

Wohoo!! Now we can do a new one. Choose a place this time that I already have a pic at

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey congrats Wasquatch, and THANK YOU for manning up and gettin 'er done!!

I believe you mentioned in another thread that you would prefer a uUtah shirt (white, XL) instead of the headlamp? If that's true, I'm sure that is not a problem, and could be arranged. I will PM Sombeech and get your prize mailed out to ya asap.

Great job!!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Sweet! Thanks, Rock!

Like I say, couldn't have done it without jumar giving that li'l "hint" -- luckily I had the day off and was able to go break in the hiking gear for the year. Fun little trail! I was a little bit worried... when my GPS showed that I'd hiked the supposed distance to the cave, I found two small "cavelets" in the cliff, but they didn't look anything like the photo in this thread so I thought, for a moment, "Crud, this wasn't the place after all..." Luckily I kept going a little further up the hill & found the big cave -- wow... sure a nice reward for all that climbing! Gorgeous place up there.

All the same, my legs were sure feeling that hike for awhile! Good to be back out putting dust on the shoes.

Actually, I live & work pretty close to where Sombeech supposedly works (well, same neck of the woods, anyway), so may just be able to hook up with him at lunch sometime.

Thanks again!