Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where Is It #4 - Contest Closed

YES FOLKS -- We are resurrecting this contest.

Increased membership, traffic, and added sponsors have prompted us to bring this contest back from the dead.

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE WIN THIS HEADLAMP?! IT'S BEEN ACTIVE SINCE 2005!!

Once again, I will remind you - this is won by being the first to post a photo of it -- not by verbally guessing.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    YES FOLKS -- We are resurrecting this contest.

Increased membership, traffic, and added sponsors have prompted us to bring this contest back from the dead.

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE WIN THIS HEADLAMP?! IT'S BEEN ACTIVE SINCE 2005!!

Once again, I will remind you - this is won by being the first to post a photo of it -- not by verbally guessing.
    Said person must be in the photo as I remember. But this headlamp? I'll send someone a lock of my hair. It's worth more.
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

I know jumar has a pic of himself here..... now it depends on how close he is monitoring the forum if he wins.

I do? Let me look at the picture again...

Are you thinking this picture Shane?
    http://www.my-mania.com/caving/images/pgcentrance.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jumar
    Are you thinking this picture Shane?
    http://www.my-mania.com/caving/images/pgcentrance.jpg
    Nope....

And it might have just been a pic of your wife.... at least I thought it was your picture.

Heck.... maybe it was your wife and her boyfriend

Alas, I don't think i've been here. Probably thinking of another similar place.

I'm pretty sure I know where this is, but it'll be awhile before I'm up around there again. Might be true of everybody, since this has been active for so long.

My Bro-in-law is up there, as well as my cousin. I should see if they have a pic of them there. Of course they'll have to join our ranks before getting to try to win

I know we have users in that neck of the woods. All you need is a camera and an hour

Well I confirmed that it IS where I thought it was. I even have the spot located on a topo. I'd be there if I were closer to the location.

So maybe we need a hint to get some people up to this area?

I think know where it is, but I'm not about to jump in my car just to take a picture if those are indeed the requirements. Maybe I should just post the location and someone else can. Or maybe that would be cheating.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Ya, I'm really favoring the northern utah folks with this one. My ultimate goal with this contest is to move around to different parts of the state in an effort to be fair.

I've got another contest coming up here pretty soon. I think future contests will be done "scavenger hunt" style -- where the prize is carefully packaged and concealed out in the wilderness somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Ya, I'm really favoring the northern utah folks with this one. My ultimate goal with this contest is to move around to different parts of the state in an effort to be fair.

I've got another contest coming up here pretty soon. I think future contests will be done "scavenger hunt" style -- where the prize is carefully packaged and concealed out in the wilderness somewhere.
    that's an interesting idea ... sort of a geocache w/o coordinates?

i guess you'll have to find distinct features to use to identify the precise location of the package?

Quote Originally Posted by stefan
    that's an interesting idea ... sort of a geocache w/o coordinates?

i guess you'll have to find distinct features to use to identify the precise location of the package?

EXACTLY!!!

This contest is all about the recognition and bragging rights. The prize is only secondary.

Is it Wind Caves?

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Not a bad photoshop job.

Real photo:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Photoshop is actually one of the reasons why I'm gravitating more towards doing these contests "scavenger hunt" style. You guys get the prize immediately upon finding the location, and I don't have to pay for shipping.

OK, now that everyone knows where this is, will someone get out there and post a real photo of it?

I don't know where it is