Thread: Mueller

DickHead

Mueller

Rode Mueller for the first time last week. Took a couple pics, nothing fancy but here goes.

I dig it. Pretty, fun, close to work.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Cool. Yeah, I rode it the first time a few weeks ago too. I've been trying to get back up there. We only made it to the big rock though, from a race against the clock.

Is the 6.5 the top of the flats?

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Cool. Yeah, I rode it the first time a few weeks ago too. I've been trying to get back up there. We only made it to the big rock though, from a race against the clock.

Is the 6.5 the top of the flats?
    Yes it is. Its alot more technical above the rock with roots and loose, rocky sections. I was middle ring to the rock, mostly small ring above it. One section is more flat, and I was back in the middle ring, and took a left switchback....with a rut in the middle. Wheel slid into the rut and turned left on me.....I took the bar in the top of my thigh...ouch!

I really love this trail, I think it was one of the first that I rode when I moved here. We do it in a loop, parking at the trailhead, riding through the neighborhood and starting on the north side - have you done this? There is a jeep road that you have to ride to get to the single track and it's kinda crappy, but the single track up from there is super sweet, then you get all that super fine descending down Mueller. We went at 9:00 am on a weekday - perfect, only saw 2 other people the whole ride.
    Way fun, ay?? :-)
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

That sounds like a cool way to do it.

I haven't even made it up to the flats yet though, so I'm going to park at the trailhead and do the normal up-and-back thing until I do.

We're going to do the out and back to Rudy's Flat this Thursday afternoon, hopefully before 4 pm.

Eddy