Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    Aussie Chicken, Spinach salad, lame corn from our garden. Fruit punch Crystal Light to wash it down.

Thaz a good lookin' meal.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

organic NY strip steaks

Famous Dave's in St George, on the uutah bike trip.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Aussie Chicken, Spinach salad, lame corn from our garden. Fruit punch Crystal Light to wash it down.

There is actually some spinach under all that?

Yes, what is this Aussie Chicken?

In order of layer. . .

Cherry Filling
    Cream Cheese/Vanilla Frosting/Almond Extract
    Brownie

Quote Originally Posted by Shan
    There is actually some spinach under all that?

Yes, what is this Aussie Chicken?
    HAHA yeah. It is just some thousand Island, cheese, and smashed crackers. I don't like my salads to be healthy.
    The aussie chicken is a chicken breast with bacon and mozarella on top of it with a honey mustard sauce on top. Its delicious. My wife makes it so I don't really know the recipe, if interested I could get it.

Sorry it took so long to answer I missed your post.
    The man thong is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    In order of layer. . .

Cherry Filling
    Cream Cheese/Vanilla Frosting/Almond Extract
    Brownie
    normally I think brownies are kindof boring but that looks so good.
    The man thong is wrong.

normally I think brownies are kindof boring but that looks so good.
    Yeah me too. A plain brownie = yuck.

Who else has some sweet meals? Post 'em up! Oh man I miss the summer. . .

http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=19376#19376

No sweets, but here is my little veggie dish and this was the first time I tried a mixture of Wheat Germ and Corn Meal as a "breading" then broiled.

The veggie casserole: Layer of tomato, then egg plant, zucchini, summer squash and then repeat until the Pyrex can't take anymore layers Cover with foil and bake to taste, firmness of veggies. If the Pyrex starts to show the veggies browning the glass, they're done. Easy clean up. Nothing burnt to the dish, nothing stuck on it

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    No sweets, but here is my little veggie dish and this was the first time I tried a mixture of Wheat Germ and Corn Meal as a "breading" then broiled.

The veggie casserole: Layer of tomato, then egg plant, zucchini, summer squash and then repeat until the Pyrex can't take anymore layers Cover with foil and bake to taste, firmness of veggies. If the Pyrex starts to show the veggies browning the glass, they're done. Easy clean up. Nothing burnt to the dish, nothing stuck on it
    ]

Wheat germ is SUCH a fabulous source of vitamin E........another thing you can add to a fruit smoothie would be some Brewers Yeast. One TBSP of that gives you tons of amino acids as well as all your vitamin B's.......good stuff!! Your veggies look yummy!! Try roasting some sweet potatoes, parsnips, carrots and onion in light olive oil with fresh rosemary and garlic. YUMMY!! And oh so good for you. Keep it up JP.

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    [Try roasting some sweet potatoes, parsnips, carrots and onion in light olive oil with fresh rosemary and garlic. YUMMY!! And oh so good for you. Keep it up JP.
    Did someone say "Sweet Potato"...MMMMMMMM... Thanks

The wheat germ/corn meal coating did keep some of the juices in while cooking. Little on the bland side of things, but stopped the chicken from burning and held onto some of the juices.

Here was tonights meal Even the steam/heat could be seen. The sacrifices we make for the Net

All finished

Not bad. I BBQ'd tonight. Gotta get cooking and posting. Damn acca, slacker.

Damn acca, slacker.
    You said it

No shite brother!! let's get some recipes swapped PRONTO. I had champagne and cream puffs for dinner. I FEEL STELLAR, LET ME TELL YA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    No shite brother!! let's get some recipes swapped PRONTO. I had champagne and cream puffs for dinner. I FEEL STELLAR, LET ME TELL YA!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yup, very soon. All summer in fact. Get this cooking thread and recipe stuff flying.

Alison's Summer Salad Packed full of antioxidants:

Bag of Spring Mix
    Gorgonzola cheese
    Orange slices, cut up into chunks
    Blackberries (or any berries work)
    Tomato
    Honey glazed walnuts

Dressing:
    Raspberry vinager
    honey
    light olive oil
    spash of OJ/orange zest

Honey glazed walnuts: Place walnuts on foil, toss in little bit of olive oil and lots of honey. Place in oven or toaster oven and roast them, but don't burn them. They cook QUICK! Immediately remove them from the foil so they don't stick, throw them in a bowl, let them cool.

Dressing:
    Mix Rasp vinegar, honey, Olive oil and OJ with a little zest to taste. It should be a light sweet dressing.

Toss everything together, once the walnuts have cooled and YUMMY!! Packed full of antioxidants, vitamin C and good fats (walnuts) and trace minerals (honey).

It's a great salad to have along side of a grilled peice of MEAT. Or K-bobs of some sort. Very filling.

So I get home from work this afternoon and upon opening my front door, my olfactory senses are awakened by the scent of taco meat simmering.
    Mmmmmm. Just now how I'm used to taco meat simmering.

My wife had the ol' crock pot slow cooking away on the counter, so I went over and took a peek. It smelled sooooooo delicious that I almost dished up a bowl of the yummy looking concoction inside.

She decided to try out a new recipe, "Crock Pot Chicken Tacos", served atop piping hot Navajo fry bread.

We grated some Mexican blend cheese, whipped up some fresh guacamole, broke out the sour cream, and chopped up some crisp Romaine lettuce to top it off. Oh, man. This was a treat.

Check out the photo....This was actually the second one I pounded for dinner. We used the leftover frybread dough to cook up a tasty dessert.

If anyone wants the recipe, lemme know. This one WILL be back on my plate SOON!
    "All roads, all codes!"

Fathers day dinner I decided to smoke some salmon. My wife also got some crab legs so I thought why not smoke them too. Well I am a noob at smoking and I think I went a little overboard on the woodchips, too much smokiness. The crap legs were actually pretty juicy but I prefer it without the smoke flavor. We also had stuffed crab, popcorn shrimp, and red lobster knock-off cheesy garlic rolls. The rolls were better than at Red Lobster!
    The salmon is all ripped up because I already went through it looking for bones.

Moosman, post up that recipe dude, that looks tastey
    The man thong is wrong.

ps. nutcrackers do nothing for opening crap legs
    The man thong is wrong.