Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What

What happened to this post?

I got the ol' Grille out tonight.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I rustled up some Brocolli Cheddar Cheese soup for dinner- made from scratch of course but I bought the sweet pepper and rosemary breadsticks.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830
    I rustled up some Brocolli Cheddar Cheese soup for dinner- made from scratch of course but I bought the sweet pepper and rosemary breadsticks.
    From scratch? You da man! That sounds pretty good.

Time to get this goin' again. Here is my before and after "Bear Lake Ribs".

Yum! I made some awesome pulled pork bbq sandwiches in the crockpot. So easy.

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shan
    Yum! I made some awesome pulled pork bbq sandwiches in the crockpot. So easy.

That sounds yummy. Do you use a cola in the recipe? I'd rather do something like that for a holiday meal during the summer with a bunch coming over rather than swelter over a bbq grill. How about sharing the recipe?
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313
    How about sharing the recipe?

I used boneless pork ribs, also known as country style ribs.

I put about 3 pounds in a crockpot with a 14 oz. can of low sodium beef broth on LOW.

Cook about 6-8 hours, you remove the pork and shred it with two forks, even two spoons would work it's so tender! Pour the liquid into another bowl.

Then return the meat (minus and fat if you want) to the pot add a bottle of BBQ sauce (or make your own), then a little of the cooking liquid if it's dry, cook for another hour or less!

I like mine with mayo and relish on a bun, yup!

I think that would feed 8 people well. I fed 4 people and had a cool whip container full of leftovers. We used big buns too.

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shan
    I used boneless pork ribs, also known as country style ribs.

I put about 3 pounds in a crockpot with a 14 oz. can of low sodium beef broth on LOW.

Cook about 6-8 hours, you remove the pork and shred it with two forks, even two spoons would work it's so tender! Pour the liquid into another bowl.

Then return the meat (minus and fat if you want) to the pot add a bottle of BBQ sauce (or make your own), then a little of the cooking liquid if it's dry, cook for another hour or less!

I like mine with mayo and relish on a bun, yup!

I think that would feed 8 people well. I fed 4 people and had a cool whip container full of leftovers. We used big buns too.
    Thanks! Sounds yummy and easy!
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Who's your daddy.....check this out!! Got the garden goin' and here come the ribs. BBQ every night at my place!

what's the blue beverage you're drinkin'? some romulan aphrodisiac? or just plain ol' gatorpoweraid

Quote Originally Posted by stefan
    or just plain ol' gatorpoweraid
    Fierce Grape...good call. I live on the 24 packs during the summer.

Ok so here is what we had for dinner last night. Homemade pizza and I had an artichoke. We made half and half cause the wife doesn't like vegitables. She had sausage and I had vegitarian. Tomatos, onions, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, and green peppers. All put on home made dough with red and white sauce. I steamed the artichoke and had it as an appitizer with mayo. Delicious.

Very nice!

Make sure you check out that playboy out on yer table.
    Whats everyone else got?!?! Bring it...

McFarland Sweet Corn! Yeah baby, it's the season!

Sold at Sacco's in Roy, Kent's Market, and several other produce markets in Weber County.

Oh yeah, cooked on the newly converted grill, running on Natural Gas.

crawdads for dinner

We spent some time catching some crawdads last week here are the before and after shots. My wife and kids wouldn't each them, but my brothers and parents dug in. We had 200+ dads, I thought we wouldn't finish them, but after an hour, all that was left was some new pototoes. Zatarains crab boil, sweet onions, quartered lemon, and new pototoes. These little buggers were terrrific, but a real work out getting a bite of flesh. Sorry I'm not into sucking the "head juices" like an authentic cajun.

Where did you catch the dads? I took my three year old up to Strawberry for a few hours on Saturday. We didn't have any luck with the dads, but he managed to hook an 18" cut. Hey thanks for bringin' this thread back up. I love to see what people are cookin'. My wife and I love watching the food network and trying new things.

We tried by ladders, but only caught a couple there. Then we drove to soldier creek marina. There were tons there and it only took a few minutes for the dads to cover the chiken legs. A net proved very helpful in catching a higher pecentage. I had 2 traps that were basically useless compared to the bare chiken leg on a string. The kids had a great time catching them but wouldn't touch them after they were cooked.

CRAWDADS....