Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: What

Thanks, I will check both places. Target and Walmart didn't have any.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    Wal-Mart is the Devil anyway!!
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyessmiling
    Wal-Mart is the Devil anyway!!
    I thought the Devil had horns...Oh wait, isle 5. Never mind.
    Life is Good

I love kitchen gadgets, my favorite is the big hopper garlic press from Pampered Chef and my Stones!!! Oh and the Kitchen Aid, and the food chopper and
    My two favorite kitchen gadgets:

Headlamp because the overhead light isn't always enough when knifing and the goggles allow massive onion sessions w/o the horrible weeping and wiping. Still gets the nose, though. In the photo, I'm preparing a big onion chop to make one of my favorite new recipes: Indian-spiced turnips!

Only a bloke, eh?

Remind me to do the cooking at Freezefest. (You want to borrow a light bulb?)

BTW, I have started to look at this thread since I have recently become somewhat of a fan of "Iron Chef America" Crazy stuff they make in an hour. Now if they would get rid of the serious Ninja man. I've always liked to cook. Now if I just had the time.
    Life is Good

We seriously are addicted to the Food Network in my house
    ...and the french onion soup is to DIE for!
    I like to go into SurLeTab in the mall - Galyan Center? I just know where to go to get to it. It's by far the most pricey store on the planet but it's got the goods for the kitchen.

Which French Onion soup have you made GHB? I used one of Rachel Rays, it's a less time consuming recipe than others. It is simply YUMMMYYYY to our tummies. Love love love Foodnetwork.com!!! I just had hubby re-install my hanging pot rack so I could create more room in my one butt kitchen. I now have all the pots and pans UP on the ceiling and I now have a whole new cupboard for MORE gadgets.

Tomorrow I am doing a mini-thanksgiving dinner for my boys since this will be the first Thanksgiving I spend away from them. Pics will follow tomorrow evening.

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    Last weekend I received my new Le Creuset crocks from my mom as a belated birthday gift. I'm such a kitchen appliance/gadget HO. HAHA!!! I found a fabulous recipe for French Onion soup on foodnetwork.com. It was the perfect dinner for a blustery evening. I also made a caesar salad with dressing from scratch. BON APPETIT and meat free!!

She who has the most kitchen gadgets wins!!

I love kitchen gadgets, my favorite is the big hopper garlic press from Pampered Chef and my Stones!!! Oh and the Kitchen Aid, and the food chopper and ......

Looks good Alison, we are coming for dinner.
    Funny my PC stones, food chopper, and Kitchen Aide are my favs as well. I just got the new PChef Dressing mixer and I LOVE IT.

Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313

Spoons N Spice has just about everything. It's located in Sandy at the Sandy Mall (9400 S and 700 East). I think there is also one around Sugarhouse somewhere - or at least there was at one time.
    Thanks Savana! I found my tool on Amazon. You led me to go on Spoons N Spice website which led me in search on Amazon and sure enough I found what I was looking for!

http://www.amazon.com/Ekco-Plastic-S...ref=pd_sbs_k_5

It's an awesome tool to have around, my wife is going to be very happy on Xmas.

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!

Thanks Savana! I found my tool on Amazon.
    It's an awesome tool to have around, my wife is going to be very happy on Xmas.
    Well, I'm glad to know that you found your tool darlin'......and on Amazon of all places!! (See what a little selective editing can do??) I know, I know......I need to get my mind out of the gutter.......

Never regret anything that made you smile!

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    Which French Onion soup have you made GHB? I used one of Rachel Rays, it's a less time consuming recipe than others. It is simply YUMMMYYYY to our tummies. Love love love Foodnetwork.com!!! I just had hubby re-install my hanging pot rack so I could create more room in my one butt kitchen. I now have all the pots and pans UP on the ceiling and I now have a whole new cupboard for MORE gadgets.

Tomorrow I am doing a mini-thanksgiving dinner for my boys since this will be the first Thanksgiving I spend away from them. Pics will follow tomorrow evening.
    I'd have to check the website out for the actual 'recipe' but it's one of Alton Brown's. I watched Iron Chef America last night - secret ingredient 'Squash'. I generally get the 'recipe' and put my own twist on it a bit. One of my favs is Alton Browns' "40 cloves of garlic and chicken" ...and most anything Giada cooks. Rachel Ray is good but she bugs me to watch her...don't know what it is
    Our gadgets are mostly PamperedChef and Cuisinart...and a mess of cast iron cookware and Pyrex. Gotta have Gadgets!

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    I sold PC for 3 years. I LOVE that stuff!!!

Alison "one butt kitchen" that is what I call mine too!!

I will have to say I am not much of a cook, I like to cook occasionally, but I am more exotic then domestic. I just really like gadgets period.
    Chere'

And this is just the beginning!!!! I still have 5 more recipes to make this week and next weekend. I started yesterday with from scratch Gingerbread cutout cookies and Butter spritzers because my kids can help me decorate them. We had a great time! I did a homemade butter cream frosting and edible glitters for fun. I still have Peanut butter balls, Russian tea cakes, Haystacks, Andes mint bars, and Pumpkin spice cookies to make............
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Ohhhhh my hell. Very nice. I gotta get going on that stuff. Pictures coming...

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Thanks Alison......now I'm gonna have to make some pralines!!!!

Never regret anything that made you smile!

I think I over did it. I tend to have that more is better mentality with food. I tried my hand a Boboli crust pizza tonight. Used my own vodka & cream pasta sauce, fresh mozzarella, dry salami, sliced tomato, Crimini Italian brown mushrooms, orange bell pepper, red onion, smoked oysters (from a can) and diced Habanero and feta crumbles sprinkled on top.
    Damned good, but I think I could drop a few ingredients and still have a damn good pie.
    Served with a nice stout Guinness.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Don! That looks so darn good. I'm saying this after pigging out on pizza tonight as well. Mine didn't look as good as yours though.

Thanks. I have enough cheese and stuff left over I think I'm going to make another one tomorrow or Tuesday. My son wouldn't touch it (the peppers are a big turn off for him right now) so the leftover slices made a great lunch for me today!

Yeah, I looked at that when you posted it, and started drooling. And there's nothing better than leftover pizza! I wouldn't call it overdoing it at all. Never had smoked oysters on a pizza, myself, though I do love 'em. My wife would kill me if I tried it, though.

I've been cooking a lot of Indian food, in big batches to freeze individual portions for work. Not very photogenic, though. Today's batch of palak paneer (spinach and cheese) looked like a pot of baby poop with white squares floating around in it...