Thread: What

What

accadacca's summer BBQ!

Fresh corn on the cob
    Yellow squash from our garden
    Garlic parmesan bread
    Brown Rice
    BBQ'd Salmon

What is on your plate lately? Try to show a picture, without it doesn't do your meal any justice.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I had 4 cobs last night.

McFarland Corn!!!

It's growing in popularity up here. My family grows sweet corn on the farm and sells it to all of the produce stands.

Drool! That looks awesome.

I will have leftover Chicken Marsala and Shrimp Scampi. My Italian mother in law made a large dinner just before she left. She was here for 12 days from NJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Shan
    My Italian mother in law made a large dinner just before she left. She was here for 12 days from NJ.
    So I'm guessing it was pretty authentic eh?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I guess so, but I have nothing to compare it to! The grandma is from Rome, and I'm sure she passed her recipes down. But they are so calorie laden.... must go biking...

We're having a going away party for my son this Saturday. I'm cooking dutch oven au gratin potatoes, terminator beans (also dutch oven), grilled burgers and dogs. We'll also be having a veritable cornucopeia of salads andd desserts. It should be good, but I guess as the cook, I'm eatin' last.

Shane

Quote Originally Posted by jimflint1
    We're having a going away party for my son this Saturday. I'm cooking dutch oven au gratin potatoes, terminator beans (also dutch oven), grilled burgers and dogs. We'll also be having a veritable cornucopeia of salads andd desserts. It should be good, but I guess as the cook, I'm eatin' last.

Shane
    WOW!! Try to snap a few photos.......that sounds great!!! You know there is almost as much satisfaction cooking for others as eating it yourself. Shan mentioned her Italian mother in law. Italians love to see you eat and some even get a bit offended when you cant put it away. I have eaten with many of them and they have like 3 or 4 course meals. I had a hard time putting it all down. Great food though, I luv it!

mmmm...I'm so hungry right now, I wish that there was an Italian mother-in-law at my house to cook up some food for me.
    Some days all you can do is smile and wait for some kind soul to come pull your ass out of the bind you've gotten yourself into

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I had 4 cobs last night.

McFarland Corn!!!

It's growing in popularity up here. My family grows sweet corn on the farm and sells it to all of the produce stands.
    I need to get some from you guys. Let me know where I can get some wholesale.
    Like jewels in a crown, the precious stones glittered in the queen's round metal hat.

Dinner tonight:

corn on the cob
    yellow squosh
    salad
    roll type wrap w/turkey, bacon, and cheese.

Wow. I bet that roll/wrap thing kicked some serious arse. I gotta get me a wife who can cook.

She must have. She makes this pasta salad that is awesome. They left it for me last time. I ate the whole bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveOU812
    She must have. She makes this pasta salad that is awesome. They left it for me last time. I ate the whole bowl.
    You slob!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Did Denise make that?
    Yeah I must admit, she is getting pretty good these days. Beats the mac and cheese we had in college.

Ok, I guess I am the only person eating dinner on here? I know rockgremlin brews up some good eats. Let see those pictures folks....

Tonight for us:

BBQ'd pork chops
    Beans with bacon
    Potato wedges

I'm workin on a good one. Hold tight.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    I'm workin on a good one. Hold tight.
    Damn WTF are you cookin'? Waiting for the crops to grow? I thought I would bring this post up from the dead. It seems that I am the only one eating dinner. Come on post em.

You should donate some of that to the Hurricane victims...

Frozen burritos. Trust me, you dont need a picture!
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost