Thread: Dog Lake

Dog Lake

The gate is open up Millcreek, which allowed a flood of peeps to invade the Dog Lake Trail.. If you don't like crowd's like me don't bother, it takes me about a year to forget traumatic experiences due to multiple head injuries, I forget but I believe it's been a year since I hiked this trail. My arrival time was 6:45am and found one other vehicle in the lot, my first clue that I wouldn't be alone was after I started up the trail and noticed a grey Toyota with an exhaust enhancer pull up and park.. The reason I choose Millcreek is my Labrador Retriever and a slough of Watershed rules that plague the Wasatch adjacent to Salt Lake.. I'm thinkin I should reconsider this choice due to the over influx of everyone and there dog or worse yet dog's mentality... Don't get me wrong I think dog's are great, it's the owner's who should try wearin a shock collar now and then.. Now being the very reason that I visit Millcreek is why the rest of Salt Lake dog owner's visit it too should be a head's up for those of us who also like solitude ( did I mention head injuries) but be as it may I gave it a go and have regretted it since... When I made it back to the lot, at full stride, it was completely full and had a Volvo fightin with a Subaru for my parkin space... Millcreek should consider a fee hike or takin on Starbuck's as a sponser to pave more pristine wilderness to accommodate the masses... Just my humble opinion.....
    Outlawed

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Dog Lake

Quote Originally Posted by QuillGordon
    Millcreek should consider a fee hike or takin on Starbuck's as a sponser to pave more pristine wilderness to accommodate the masses...

I hear ya brother, I hear ya. When I go visit the great outdoors, I want solitude above anything else - especially if I'm going out exclusively to shoot photos. Nothin like rubbing elbows with half the valley when you're tryin to compose the perfect shot.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.