Thread: Lake Blanche

Lake Blanche

Wow, what a great day for a hike, Thurs. The scenery at Blanche can't be beat, the weather was great and the fishin wasn't bad either... Here's some pic's...

Outlawed

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Great Pics!! Lake Blanche...you pretty much can't shoot a bad photo up there! I like the borders you added...looks nice!

Whatcha shootin with?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Thank you.. I agree, point the camera anywhere up there and your bound to end up with a good photo...I'm shootin a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20..
    Outlawed

Quote Originally Posted by QuillGordon
    I'm shootin a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20..
    I hear that has a rapid-burst feature as well as an anti-shake feature. How would you rate these features? Any good?

Great features!! The image stablizing allows myself to hand hold and shoot @ 1/20 sec.. The burst mode is great for action.. Example shootin pic's of my Lab..
    Outlawed

Wow! That's awesome! Looks like he's walking on water!

Definately some awesome pics...that is a great hike
    Some days all you can do is smile and wait for some kind soul to come pull your ass out of the bind you've gotten yourself into

Keep those pictures coming Quill! If we start having a photo contest you would be a top contender. Nice work!

Did Lake Blanche today. It is the quintessential Wasatch hike... One of my all time favorites.

Here's a few pics to add to the gallery:
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Nice pics. I need to go hiking so bad, its been like 3 weeks since the last time i had a chance to go.
    Some days all you can do is smile and wait for some kind soul to come pull your ass out of the bind you've gotten yourself into

Wow, that place is just gorgeous! QuillGordon, I wish I had your talent for photography (or at the very least, a camera as nice as yours!). I'd like to do some hiking in northern Utah, but my area of operation is just too close to home for the time being (due to gas prices, kids, wife, etcetera).

Lake Blanche isn't really northern Utah, its just up Big Cottonwood Canyon, near Brighton ski resort.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy horse
    Lake Blanche isn't really northern Utah, its just up Big Cottonwood Canyon, near Brighton ski resort.
    Hah, you Salt Lakers crack me up! I guess my perspective is different living in Price. Considering that Lake Blanche is only 97 miles from the state's northernmost border, while the entire state is 350 miles from north to south, it's well into the northern 1/3rd of Utah. Close enough for me. :) I'm just a bit east of the geographical center of the state, so I consider pretty much everything north of here to be "northern Utah."

Hah, yeah, I guess it is. My perspective of Northern Utah includes stuff like Logan and Tremonton, not Salt Lake. I guess thats why its all in how you look at it then.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy horse
    its just up Big Cottonwood Canyon, near Brighton ski resort.
    Really? I've got to check that out.

Great pics! The trout one is great.

Actually, it's not near Brighton. It's about 6 miles up - Mill B trailhead - by the S curve.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Wow your photos are amazing! I hope you don't mind I made the aspens my desktop.

I know its not exactly near Brighton, but for someone from a lot further south, Brighton isn't a bad reference point.

OK, just trying to point people in the right direction! Wasnt "correcting or criticizing", honest!

Quote Originally Posted by Shan
    Wow your photos are amazing! I hope you don't mind I made the aspens my desktop.
    I'm glad you like it, thanks for the compliment!!!
    Outlawed