Thread: TR -- Yellow Fork

TR -- Yellow Fork

I met up with Fourtycal and two of his friends for a ride last night. I had never been to Yellow Fork. It is west of Herriman up Rose Canyon. It is a great trail for a weeknight. It took us just under 2 hours to complete. The uphill kicked my butt and there was some pushing involved for everyone. Some of the uphill is insanely steep.

The downhill is great!!! A good payoff for the calf burning that you have to endure to start the ride. The trail follows a small stream for some of the trail. The down hill is narrow, fast, and has some rocks thrown in every now and then. The dirt is a little loose and your front tire wants to get away on a few corners. This area is popular for horses too. The horses really turn up the dirt and make it dusty, soft, and gravely. A great night for a ride as I drove home listening to mandatory Metallica with a beautiful sunset.

Trail Info: http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/yellow.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images      

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

What were the directions to get to this trail? It looks pretty sweet, also how long was it?? Take it easy!!

P.S. I attempted to go biking up in ParK City yesterday and was turned off by the lack of help I received from the locals in getting some water and finding the trail. They blew.....

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride
    What were the directions to get to this trail? It looks pretty sweet, also how long was it?? Take it easy!!.....
    Sorry I meant to put that in the post. http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/yellow.htm

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride
    P.S. I attempted to go biking up in ParK City yesterday and was turned off by the lack of help I received from the locals in getting some water and finding the trail. They blew.....
    Park City has some good riding, check out this link on the UMB site. http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/idx-uint.htm

You Northern boys should get a day picked to ride every week. I would like to come ride with you guys. Fourtycal and the crew ride down here on Tuesdays. I plan to ride with them every week.

DickHead

My yellow fork trail report, with pics

I hit Yellow Fork this morning with the homies. This is what I posted at Utahmountainbiking.com forums. Pics included!
    Got out and rode the entire trail, as published. Not recommended the morning after racing in the RMR crit series

The lower portion of the trail is dry and dusty, but very very fast. The middle part of the climb is very loose and somewhat technical, with alot of loose rocks and gravel. The upper part of the climb is in fantastic shape. The single track sections are fairly overgrown, some of them you feel like you're bushwacking. Its amazingly green. Trail should be in even better shape with this afternoons' rain.

Yeah Jamis we need to get together sometime for some riding. I will bring some chocolate to have with those lizards.

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Yeah Jamis we need to get together sometime for some riding. I will bring some chocolate to have with those lizards.
    Chocolate? I eat mine raw, you pussy!

Are you a nine-to-five kinda guy or can you squeeze in morning weekday rides sometimes?

Quote Originally Posted by JamisJockey
    Where is the evidence? Picture?

Are you a nine-to-five kinda guy or can you squeeze in morning weekday rides sometimes?
    I am a 9-5 guy but could go if it was early in the morning. I need to be in by 10:30 or so. A 2 hour quickie like Yellow Fork would be ideal. Are you riding anything this Saturday or any other mornings this week? Give me a shout on here when you plan a morning ride. Usually Tuesday and Friday mornings are bad for me. Otherwise I am open, however this week I am open anytime.

DickHead
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Where is the evidence? Picture?

I am a 9-5 guy but could go if it was early in the morning. I need to be in by 10:30 or so. A 2 hour quickie like Yellow Fork would be ideal. Are you riding anything this Saturday or any other mornings this week? Give me a shout on here when you plan a morning ride. Usually Tuesday and Friday mornings are bad for me. Otherwise I am open, however this week I am open anytime.
    Okay, I'll post when I can ride and let you know. I might try friday morning.