Thread: Waterwise In-Line Water Filter

Waterwise In-Line Water Filter

Waterwise In-Line Water Filter.

See more info on this product here:

http://canyoneeringusa.com/shop/view...product=ula001

I won this in the first ever UUtah Find-It Photo Contest and now I've had a chance to use it I post a short review.

In summary. This compact, lightweight filter, is placed "inline" with the tube of you're hydration system. This is a nice filter to have when you don't want to carry tons of water, you have access to filterable water, and you don't need to filter water for anything besides drinking it straight. Sound limited? Well it is, but it is very good for that specific use: long hot days. If you do any significant amount of summer mountain biking, climbing, hiking, or canyoneering day trips(especially long day trips) this is a nice thing to have, and could eliminate worries of dehydration when a water source is in the vicinity.

Pro's-- It filters water.
    Its very light-weight and requires no pumping to use.
    It is a nice complement to your camelbak or similar hydration system.

CONS
    In some situations such as overnight camping and backpacking, it is not as useful as a normal filter, because you have to literally suck the water through it. Its limited to use with a hydration system. Thus, no filtering for cooking, drinks, powdered milk, etc. It could conceivably be rigged to filter into a cup or pot with gravity, but would be dripping slow without some form of suction.

It requires you to suck noticably harder than your hydration system normally requires, annoying, especially when you're drinking that first tank of clean water.

It requires you to cut your hydration bladder hose and place it "inline" thus committing your hydration bladder permanantly to its use.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Waterwise In-Line Water Filter

Quote Originally Posted by rock_ski_cowboy
    It requires you to cut your hydration bladder hose and place it "inline" thus committing your hydration bladder permanantly to its use.
    Huh. That kinda sucks.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Re: Waterwise In-Line Water Filter

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Huh. That kinda sucks.
    Yeah I figured that would be the case. But bladders aren't that much. Are they?

It requires you to suck noticably harder than your hydration system normally requires, annoying, especially when you're drinking that first tank of clean water.
    Yeah the sucking part sucks! Sometimes I am out of breath when I need a drink. Especially on my bike.

That would probably be ideal for a hike up in the Uintahs. Just stop by the stream, and fill up. If you plan your meals so you don't have to cook with water, it would probably be great.
    i.e. Tuna and crackers, Jerky, granola bars, MRE's.

I'll bet you can even throw some gatorade powder in there, and dip it in the river! I wonder if the sugar would clog up the filter though...

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    That would probably be ideal for a hike up in the Uintahs. Just stop by the stream, and fill up. If you plan your meals so you don't have to cook with water, it would probably be great.
    i.e. Tuna and crackers, Jerky, granola bars, MRE's.

I used it extensively on my backpacking trip to the Escalante this weekend. I filled it with pothole water, and it worked well. I was glad to have it, someone else had a pump filter for "dinner" water.

I've also tried "inline" filters that fit into a Nalgene bottle. I like these bettter, as you can careful squeeze water through them if you just need a cup or two.

I'll bet you can even throw some gatorade powder in there, and dip it in the river! I wonder if the sugar would clog up the filter though...
    Are you joking? It'd be nice if there was a filter that just filtered out the bad little particles and passed up the gatorade ones. Design that one and you'll be rich :)

Aquasana makes a good filter that is inexpensive cause it's always have a best result with a best price i also using this.

alkaline water filter