Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where Is It #2 - Contest Closed

Where Is It #2 - Contest Closed

Alright folks!! We are officially on-line with the second photo contest! Up for grabs is this high quality Imlay Mystery Pack 2004!!

Look here for more info on this prize: http://canyoneeringusa.com/shop/view...product=IML119

Once again, I remind you of the contest rules found here: http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=383

In order to win this contest, a simple guess is not good enough. You must physically travel to this location, and snap a photo of it. Your photo must include the two small buttes in the foreground, and the mountain range in the background, AND you must be present in the photo! The first correct photo submission wins the prize!!

GOOD LUCK!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Looking around but.

Anyone got a clue? Who is going for this?

Wish I had a digital camera and a free evening, could be there in about 30 minutes.

Beg, borrow, or steal a camera. Doesn't need to be a digicam. Pretty much any processing lab can scan your film prints to a CD.

I hope this one goes for a while, anyone whose seen my pack knows how bad i need this one ;) I've got an idea of the vicinity but not the exact location, I just don't have any time for trips for about 3 weeks. Fingers crossed ...

Ram from the YahooCanyoneer forums emailed me yesterday wanting to know why so many people were hitting him up for the location of a "certain photo."

We kicked around the idea of me giving weekly hints, but I think I'm gonna hold off on that idea until it goes into the final week of the month.

Pay close attention to ALL of the details of this photo - some features are dead give-aways.

Good luck!!

got it

the photo was taken on the north edge of the grafton cemetery near zion, have a picture to go with it! check out this link for the photo- http://starlamps.hopto.org/pictures
    [/img]

Congratulations and way to go! I knew it was somewhere on that side of Zion...

WINNER!!!!

Congratulations Blarson, and welcome to UUtah!!!

I'll be contacting you shortly for shipping info.

The contest is officially over for the month of June, check back in a few weeks for July's contest!!!

Re: got it

Quote Originally Posted by blarson
    the photo was taken on the north edge of the grafton cemetery near zion, have a picture to go with it! check out this link for the photo- http://starlamps.hopto.org/pictures
    [/img]
    Nice work blarson and welcome to the site! I had no idea? It makes sense though since I just returned from Zion yesterday. How did you figure it out and was it tough to track down? Give us an account of how it all went down. Did you just get home last night, etc?

Hey blarson be sure to post about yourself in the newbies section.

Quote Originally Posted by slotmachine
    Wish I had a digital camera and a free evening, could be there in about 30 minutes.
    Where do you live? St. George?

when me and my dad saw the picture we could tell that it was taken from grafton by the mountain range in the background (my father is really good at that). It only took us about five minutes once we got in the area to find the exact location. We pretty much just drove down the road and looked at the mountain range until the peaks lined up just right and once that happened the small bumpy hill was right there! I live in St. George and will be visiting this forum more often now that i know about it, i do alot of backpacking in the area, especially in the grand canyon. so thanks for the pack!! i'm sure i'll enjoy it.

Where do you live? St. George?
    Kanab.

Wow...this is a cool game!

A variation of this (on a much smaller scale) has been done at some of the geocaching events that have been held recently. I love this idea, and will be watching to see if I can bag any of them myself. I just love those all day/all night road trips to noplaceinparticular.

Ya stick around, we like givin away free stuff here!

Check out July if you have not. Still open!! It will run into a second month if it is not won by the 31st.

I was just there this weekend.

Took this photo of my son doing a huge drop on his freeride bike and then ran into this post and thought I just had to post this.

That's a SWEET shot!!! How big of a drop is that?