Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where Is It #1 - Contest Closed

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Kings peak would be a good idea. But many people already have photos of themselves on the peak. We would have to come up with a way that the users could PROVE that they hiked the peak after the start of the contest.
    Fun idea. Like a photo scavenger hunt...! If you want to secure that the photo gets taken after contest starts you just need to specify what you are doing in the photo, ie two thumbs up , doing a head stand , mooning the camera

Just ideas to toss around, i like the picture idea though...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by rock_ski_cowboy
    If you want to secure that the photo gets taken after contest starts you just need to specify what you are doing in the photo, ie two thumbs up , doing a head stand , mooning the camera
    Good point! At first I thought about a date on the picture. But you can photoshop anything. If your really good you can photoshop yourself into an image. Don't get any ideas people! Should we say you have to have a witness? Now were getting too picky.

We need to specify the pose and have it out if the ordinary. We need something unique to "uutah". Any ideas? Or a different pose each contest? Plus a date on the photo?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Should we say you have to have a witness? Now were getting too picky.

We need to specify the pose and have it out if the ordinary. We need something unique to "uutah". Any ideas? Or a different pose each contest? Plus a date on the photo?
    You basically are going to have to expect people to follow rules and be honest, not find a way to fake it. A dishonest person can find a dishonest witness really easily. It seems that if you anounce the pose when you post the picture (contest start date), and explain the rules well, that should be sufficient. Not all cameras are capable of dating their photographs so ex that idear.

Kings peak would be a good idea. But many people already have photos of themselves on the peak. We would have to come up with a way that the users could PROVE that they hiked the peak after the start of the contest.
    Bring along a recent copy of a newspaper front page and hold it up in the photo.

Quote Originally Posted by grounded
    Bring along a recent copy of a newspaper front page and hold it up in the photo.
    That's a good idea.

Ya I thought of that too, but it's problematic when you get people involved from other states. Do they use their local paper? Do they have to track down a Utah newspaper? How do we know what a recent newspaper copy from another state looks like? How can we prove it's recent? And who wants to lug around newspapers on their hikes?

Lots of gray area.

I think we're gonna have to just rely on people being honest in their submissions.

Maybe we could have them pose with both arms straight up in the air, making a "U" sign in the photo.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

And who wants to lug around newspapers on their hikes?
    They could just leave their TP home and save weight. Newspaper is VERY versitile.

I'd say, they take a picture of themselves burning their arm with their lighter, then come home with the burn on their arm to prove it.

It just hit me. When rockgremlin posts the picture to begin the contest, he also says what the person has to be doing in the picture (holding a rock above their head, standing on their head, being bit by a rattle snake, wrestling a grizzly, etc.. You get the idea).