Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where Is It #1 - Contest Closed

Where Is It #1 - Contest Closed

Before participating, please take a moment to read the contest rules: http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=383

Ok, let's get this thing started!!

Up for grabs in the maiden voyage of this contest is a Waterwise In-Line Water Filter.

See more info on this product here:

http://canyoneeringusa.com/shop/view...product=ula001

The bridge in the photo spans across a large river. In order to win the prize, you must name:

1. The location of the bridge.
    2. Which river passes underneath this bridge.

Questions regarding the contest? Post em here: http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=382

Good Luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by rock_ski_cowboy
    The bridge in what photo
    er, my bad for posting before you finished your post ;) Too bad I can't delete or edit these posts, guess I'm the village idiot .

No idea where the bridge is BTW

Ok figured it out. Swinging bridge over the San Rafael River, San Rafael Swell.

Quote Originally Posted by rock_ski_cowboy
    Ok figured it out. Swinging bridge over the San Rafael River, San Rafael Swell.
    In case that wasn't specific enough, it can be found in the San Rafael River Campground which is pretty close to the Buckhorn Wash area of the Swell. I really want the loot, in case you couldn't tell

I've got no idea, but if I was forced to decide, rock_ski answered that like a pro. You've got me convinced.

WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rock_ski_cowboy has submitted the correct location! Congratulations!

It's just that easy!

The contest is now closed for this month. Check back next month for a different photo and prize!!

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    The contest is now closed for this month. Check back next month for a different photo and prize!!

Next month's challenge: make it google proof! I mean how many rivers are there in the utah desert? Like 6 that i can think of... Google Image Search of Green River Bridge, Colorado River Bridge, Dirty Devil Bridge, Fremont River Bridge, San Rafael River Bridge and BINGO. Woop it made my day anyhow, sorry to you folks that actually have been there

Well, this is all true, but I deliberately made it a little easier because it's the first time around.

Besides, if it's that easy, howcome noone else was able to find it as quick as you?

Well, this is all true, but I deliberately made it a little easier because it's the first time around.
    Hey I'm not complaining
    Yeah, there's a delicate balance between finding a picture that someone out there could figure out but that isn't too easy and a picture thats downright impossible.

Besides, if it's that easy, howcome noone else was able to find it as quick as you?
    Chances are I'm the only one that checked the groups within 2 minutes of your posting! Anyhow, awesome game, any way i could pick one of the pictures to put up (maybe last months winner picks next months picture?) I've got a great idea of an incredibly beautiful place that's not too common, but that someone out there should be able to guess. I need to go take some pictures of it first. ..

Quote Originally Posted by The Rock
    i could pick one of the pictures to put up (maybe last months winner picks next months picture?) I've got a great idea of an incredibly beautiful place that's not too common, but that someone out there should be able to guess.
    Hey, not a bad idea!! Go shoot the photo, and we'll make arrangements from there.

I guess I do it the hard way, from memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch
    I guess I do it the hard way, from memory.
    I can't even do that. I've got to hope it comes up in a movie or something.

Damn rock give the peeps a chance! Google gets us again!

Congrats rock! Sounds like you have a few ideas for the contest. We will revise it each month to perfection.

here's a twist on this idea: Post the mystery picture and the first one to post the same (recent) shot with them in it, wins. That would provide a motivation to step away from the computer and lace up the hiking boots.

just a thought.

and yet another variation on a theme: post a small section of a topo map or ariel photo (see http://www.terraserver-usa.com/) and the one who guesses the correct location (or maybe posts their own photo of a feature on the map), wins.

Just another thought (sorry. slow day in the cubicle)

Quote Originally Posted by grounded
    here's a twist on this idea: Post the mystery picture and the first one to post the same (recent) shot with them in it, wins. That would provide a motivation to step away from the computer and lace up the hiking boots.
    We actually kicked this idea around before starting up the contest. I like it, and considering how quickly this month's contest was over, it may receive some serious consideration again. Besides, if the prizes are gonna be more than just the average token t-shirt, I think it's a good idea to get people to work for it!!!

Anyone else object?

Quote Originally Posted by grounded
    We actually kicked this idea around before starting up the contest. I like it, and considering how quickly this month's contest was over, it may receive some serious consideration again. Besides, if the prizes are gonna be more than just the average token t-shirt, I think it's a good idea to get people to work for it!!!

Anyone else object?
    I say we run with it! Literally! The first person with a picture in that same spot, gets the prize.

So rock_ski_cowboy hit the road! J/K
    I think it would be hard to find anything else that's Google/Internet proof.

In a few months we will submit a picture of Kings Peak.

Kings peak would be a good idea. But many people already have photos of themselves on the peak. We would have to come up with a way that the users could PROVE that they hiked the peak after the start of the contest.