Thread: Rabbit Hunting 2-26-05 - Near Wendover NV

Rabbit Hunting 2-26-05 - Near Wendover NV

A few of us went rabbit hunting just outside Wendover Saturday morning. It was about 20 minutes west of Wendover to be exact. Sombeech, two others and myself got to the hunting area at about 9:30am. I took a picture of a sign on the way to this spot. We went just up the road a ways from this sign, which is just off an exit along I-80. It was a pretty good area and I would rate it a 7. We saw rabbits immediately! We were out about two hours and saw 15. So not a bad day. Sombeech and I missed 3 or 4 right in front of us due to our guns jamming. I need to take my 22 to the range and get to the bottom of the jamming.

One of the guys had to leave at noon, so the rest of them had to go. I ate my lunch and headed back out. I was fed up with the banana clips and 22. So I decided to break out the punisher and up my odds. I went out for a few more hours with my 12 gauge 870 express. I saw 6 rabbits and got 4 of them. They don
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I got a ticket coming back, right before Wendover.
    90 in a 75.
    Sombeech

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    90 in a 75.
    Sombeech

Yeah, why don't you go ahead and send those pictures of the scattergun victims to me. So what if you think I'm sick and wrong for wanting to see them. :D ryanssevy@yahoo.com
    Like jewels in a crown, the precious stones glittered in the queen's round metal hat.

I've been out to Montello a few times hunting wabbits. Both times have been a 9 out of 10.

1st trip out, there were just 3 of us and we weren't too sure about where to go. One of the guys with us only had a 6 shooter, so he really didn't kill anything. When we finally found the "sweet spot", we saw about 80-90 in about 1.5 hours.

BTW: Posting pics of killed rabbits is sick & wrong. I hunt with a Winchester Model 94 30-30. I load up some 110 grain flatnose hollowpoints that ensures zero suffering by the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    90 in a 75.
    Sombeech
    Damn cops, why don't they just leave ya alone and go do their jobs.

Been there done that, on both sides.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Life Sucks When Making a Living Gets In The Way Of Living!

Quote Originally Posted by shlingdawg
    BTW: Posting pics of killed rabbits is sick & wrong. I hunt with a Winchester Model 94 30-30. I load up some 110 grain flatnose hollowpoints that ensures zero suffering by the victim.

I've been using modfied 30-30 casings, necked out to a 38 cal, then the shoulders are fire formed, it's called a 357 Herrret. 14" barrel on a Contender using a 158 grain jacketed hollow point. One fast explosive round. The only problem is finding enough leftovers to prove you hit your target. But if they're not shooting back I use the original 22 Hornet.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Life Sucks When Making a Living Gets In The Way Of Living!

Quote Originally Posted by shlingdawg
    I've been out to Montello a few times hunting wabbits. Both times have been a 9 out of 10.
    When we finally found the "sweet spot", we saw about 80-90 in about 1.5 hours.
    I keep hearing about this sweet spot in Montello. Don is telling me it's a secret spot, but apparently not.

Everytime they go to Montello, something comes up that keeps me from going. It really sucks to hear about the success when I had to stay home too.