Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Let's Go Hit One!

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    So then I guess the question is...what time can you cut away Acca?
    I am easy. That works for me. We could meet at rockgremlin's house. 5 minutes off the I-15 and 2100 south freeway exit? Say 5:30? Unless you guys can do it earlier? Let us know by Friday.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hey rock chaser! I am assuming that there is not a Wal-Mart close by? I mean I need to bring food for the whole weekend right? Are there any places with food close by? Probably not right?

Who is planning on driving? If we only have four we could probably squeeze into one vehicle. I can bring my truck and haul all the gear with no prob. But it is a bit squishy in the back seat for the other two? But possible? Unfortunately it is my wife

Cam mentioned bringing his cherokee, not to force him to volunteer though.
    I do remember it's dirt road for a while also.
    How cold do you think it will get at night? I slept out in early March last year in Havasu Canyon, and it was alright.
    We could probably all fit in my 4 man dome. Good ol' Coleman.
    This could be a very simple, fun trip.

Does anybody have an AC adapter? I would like to charge my camcorder on the trip.

If you're referring to the Havasu canyon in Northern Arizona, then admittedly yes, it would be fairly mild in March, but I'm guessing it will be COLD at night here. The swell is a couple of thousand feet higher in elevation than Havasu Canyon. We'll be at about 6000 ft elev. I'm gonna bring my propane-powered space heater in case.

I think taking Acca's truck would be ideal!! Sure it'll be a little crowded, but not that bad.

I'll be bringing my power adapter.

I'm good with sharing a four-man tent.

The closest form of civilization will be either Hanksville, or Green River. Hanksville is a little closer, but there isn't much there. There's like two burger joints, two gas stations, and a little mini market. Pack all of your food tonight. Hanksville is about a 45 - 60 minute drive away from where we'll be.

Well we went to the Mayan tonight so I got a late start packing. Partly because the Mayan food got the best of me. If you cant even make it back to your house after you eat somewhere then you know it blows. Literally! We had some free coupons otherwise I wouldn

Welcome to Page 4!!!

Cell coverage in the swell is kinda hit and miss, mostly miss. AT&T gets pretty good coverage out there from what I've seen.

I'll be bringing my power adapter.
    Rockgremlin,
    Would it be alright to charge my camcorder with your power adapter? I've only got 1 battery, and it was the standard cheap one.

I would love to get most of this stuff on video. I haven't bought any memory cards yet...

Welcome to Page 4!!!

I couldn't break away until Jen gets back from work - sometime around 5:30.

Cell coverage in the swell is kinda hit and miss, mostly miss. AT&T gets pretty good coverage out there from what I've seen.
    We are planning on 5:30 at your house. Then they will decide if they want to ride with us.

Ya, I'm bringing my adaptor to share - as with all of my stuff. On camping trips I share all of my stuff -except my sleeping bag.

Ya, I'm bringing my adaptor to share - as with all of my stuff. On camping trips I share all of my stuff -except my sleeping bag.
    I would hope so sicko!

I would choose to freeze to death alone

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I would choose to freeze to death alone
    Yeah suuuuure! You sick puppy!

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum