Thread: St. George Floods

St. George Floods

The good people of St. George should start investing in ark-building. The recent flooding is really bad. I was in Las Vegas over the weekend, and on the way back was able to see some of the destruction first-hand. In addition to the town being flooded, I-15 was a mess also. Tractor-trailers had slid off the road in several locations, and water was pouring over the interstate in sheets. Lakes and rivers were everywhere. It was like waterworld. Weird.

I go back to Vegas the last weekend of this month to run in the Las Vegas marathon. Maybe by then things will have dried up a bit!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yeah it's nuts! We were hiking around in St. George 11 days ago. We may have needed a raft the last few days. That should really fill up the reservoirs down there. Yikes! You should have snapped some pictures.

I heard that in Vegas it was damn cold and even snow? I talked to a business associate today that was down there at a video convention. He said he was not prepared to see that kind of weather in Vegas and he froze his "A" off.

Not really the best time to plan a trip to a slot canyon!

It wasn't that cold in Vegas. In fact, the snow that I saw was a very small dusting which lasted about 2 hours and then melted. It did rain quite a bit. In fact, it never stopped raining the entire time I was there.

In Vegas they don't know what is cold and snowy like Utahns do!! If that guy said he froze his @$$ off, it's because he was maybe wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Or he's from somewhere like Tahiti, where it never dips below 60 degrees!

Besides, when you're in Vegas, who cares what the weather is like...all the action is indoors!

I was there on Saturday and it didn't rain at all. However, driving across the Mojave desert I got caught between two storms. It was all flooded pretty bad but it does that alot.

So, did the city of St George itself get flooded, or just the outskirts?

Damn boy don