PDA

View Full Version : Utah Drivers

Iceaxe
05-04-2021, 07:20 PM
I've been saying this for years... as shitty as Utah drivers are they are much better than average....

Believe it or not, Utah has some of the best drivers in the US.

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-news/believe-it-or-not-utah-has-some-of-the-best-drivers-in-us

rockgremlin
05-07-2021, 11:13 PM
I still NEVER get the thank you wave when I let people in front of me. My courtesy is just taken for granted.

savanna3313
05-08-2021, 12:57 PM
I still NEVER get the thank you wave when I let people in front of me. My courtesy is just taken for granted.

This is very true. When I first moved to SLC from the South, I would always acknowledge someone letting me out in traffic (seldom but it did happen on occasion!) with a raised hand wave. You would've thought I flipped them off instead because of the confused/aggravated looks I got. Not much different in the grocery stores trying to be friendly and make conversation when you checked out and such. Most people just weren't friendly to strangers. In Louisiana, by the time you checked out with your groceries, you knew the cashier's entire family history! :haha: (ok....maybe TMI sometimes, but still - friendly). Now that I live in Utah's Dixie (for now anyway) people seem to be more open and friendly. Maybe it's just a more laid back atmosphere.
:2thumbs:

rockgremlin
05-08-2021, 03:49 PM
This is very true. When I first moved to SLC from the South, I would always acknowledge someone letting me out in traffic (seldom but it did happen on occasion!) with a raised hand wave. You would've thought I flipped them off instead because of the confused/aggravated looks I got. Not much different in the grocery stores trying to be friendly and make conversation when you checked out and such. Most people just weren't friendly to strangers. In Louisiana, by the time you checked out with your groceries, you knew the cashier's entire family history! :haha: (ok....maybe TMI sometimes, but still - friendly). Now that I live in Utah's Dixie (for now anyway) people seem to be more open and friendly. Maybe it's just a more laid back atmosphere.
:2thumbs:

LOL I swear Seinfeld in this video is me -- I'm always appalled that people don't acknowledge my generosity. :lol8:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkNsByHJ7vI