PDA

View Full Version : Ride your bike to Fremont Island while the water is low

Sombeech
12-16-2020, 09:02 AM
I've seen a few people doing this, while I'm driving out to Antelope Island, they'll park on the 2nd bend of the causeway. It's dry-ish ground from the causeway, straight out to Fremont Island.

I might give it a try, once. It's a long boring ride and there's not much out on the island, but it might be something to do once.

It's about 7 miles each way. I almost did it this weekend but that wind was cold. I opted for White Rock bay on Antelope, still freezing though.

Iceaxe
12-16-2020, 09:21 AM
Just a heads up... and i don't know if they are enforcing it... but It's illegal to park on the causeway. If you are riding your bike not such a big deal to park back on the mainland and just add a couple miles of pavement riding.

I've also been considering this little adventure, but this weekend is out because of family events.

Sombeech
12-17-2020, 12:18 PM
Interesting, I've seen vehicles parked for hours at a time. Maybe if they are completely off of the asphalt they don't mind?

middlefork
12-19-2020, 07:22 AM
Off the pavement = ok. Accommodates the waterfowl hunters.

I've seen some people saying round trip is something like 23 miles. Maybe from Hooper?

devonanton
04-05-2021, 11:59 PM
It's a long ride and there's not much out on the island.