PDA

View Full Version : Best Roasted Marshmallow for S’mores?

accadacca
07-12-2020, 01:49 PM
I would say 3 for me, sometimes 4.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200712/1ec0d7c3191de3d0ed4da90975dfa173.jpg

Rob L
07-12-2020, 02:18 PM
None of the above.

Take a banana, slit the skin (but not the flesh) lengthways; gently open.
Remove half the fruit in thin cross-slices, like a comb; save those removed slices for breakfast on the cornflakes tomorrow.

Insert in those sliced spaces alternate pieces of dark chocolate and very thinly sliced marshallow.

Re-close banana skin. Wrap in foil. Five minutes on an open fire (or Barbeque).

Open the foil carefully; it'll be hot!

Enjoy!

BasinCruiser
07-12-2020, 02:34 PM

I found a great upgrade to the ‘bread’ portion of the s’more sandwich. Replace graham cracker with a couple of Chips Ahoy cookies - stupendous.

rockgremlin
07-12-2020, 05:08 PM
None of the above.

Remove half the fruit in thin cross-slices, like a comb; save those removed slices for breakfast on the cornflakes tomorrow.

Insert in those sliced spaces alternate pieces of dark chocolate and very thinly sliced marshallow.

Enjoy!

Never even heard of this. Do you Brits have a name for that?

Byron
07-12-2020, 06:28 PM
Stephanie Allan made those banana things around a campfire. I'd never seen that before and they were excellent. Haven't done it since, however. Too much work...just gimme the Nutella.

Marshmallow #3...#4 will work, too. Never understood why anyone would eat a burnt one. But I've seen people do it.

BasinCruiser
07-12-2020, 06:43 PM

Banana boats

Rob L
07-13-2020, 11:02 AM

No, I learned it on my first trip canyoneering trip to North Wash after my first Bogleyfest which was in Moab in 2009. I had asked the Bogleyfest folk the best place to carry on, and they suggested North Wash. There, I met some youngsters from Arizona, where we did the Irish Canyons (and a few others). It was they who showed me the banana/chocolate/marshmallow trick (and I don't even have a sweet tooth!)

Rob
Edit: Photo posted below of us at Sandthrax campground. I'm the good-looking one :nono:

Rob L
07-13-2020, 01:45 PM
That's the tractor wheel fire pit in the above photo...remember that? (now long gone; perhaps it got washed away in The Great Flood?).

blueeyes
07-14-2020, 06:26 PM
None of the above.

Enjoy!This is one of my favorites. Kids loved making banana boats. We didn't save the banana we cut out we ate it. And we shoved whole marshmallows into our boats and milk chocolate.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

rowilly
07-23-2020, 09:06 PM
None of the above.

Enjoy!

Sounds yummy. We will give it a try.