PDA

View Full Version : Scouts and Scout Leaders Being Stupid

tallsteve
07-11-2019, 12:17 PM
This is why I'm so glad I don't have any sons young enough to be in Scouts anymore. Why on earth would anyone, especially the leaders, think this would be a good idea? This is also why I would turn down a calling to be a Scout leader. All it takes is for one other leader to think this is a great idea and who refuses to think otherwise. This could have ended so much worse than it did.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46592257/scouts-group-rescued-in-emery-county-after-ill-fated-green-river-trip-in-homemade-canoes

rockgremlin
07-11-2019, 01:56 PM
Hmmm...the troop was from Cedar City. They should have just taken their homemade canoes to Gunlock Reservoir instead of the Green River running at 11,500+ cfs.

Would've been a shorter drive, safer, and if the canoes failed they could just splash around in the Lake/falls for a while instead of making headlines for being a bunch of boneheads. They're lucky nobody got seriously hurt or worse.

"Be Prepared" :lol8:

Scott Card
07-11-2019, 04:00 PM
:facepalm1: If only they would have used this stuff. It works on screen doors made into boats.

uintafly
07-11-2019, 09:25 PM
Just be glad they didn’t push over any goblins.

Scott Card
07-11-2019, 09:33 PM
Just be glad they didn’t push over any goblins. I'd have represented them. :mrgreen: