PDA

View Full Version : State Of Utah To Decertify BYU Police Department

accadacca
02-27-2019, 05:51 AM
Once the decertification is finalized, the department would not be recognized by the state as a law enforcement agency. It would essentially have the same power as a private security company and would not be allowed to make arrests.

https://ksltv.com/408906/byu-police-department/

Iceaxe
02-27-2019, 06:33 AM
Don't worry... the church will have a long talk with their high level member politicans who actually run the state, who will have a long chat with the low level serf that made this silly decision, and everything will be easily worked out to BYU's liking... local politics are so simple in Utah.

Sombeech
02-27-2019, 07:59 AM
Don't worry... the church will have a long talk with their high level member politicans who actually run the state, who will have a long chat with the low level serf that made this silly decision, and everything will be easily worked out to BYU's liking... local politics are so simple in Utah.

Yeah I keep hearing about the total government monopoly by the Mormons as patients are getting their legal marijuana now :roflol:

Iceaxe
02-27-2019, 08:15 AM
Yeah I keep hearing about the total government monopoly by the Mormons as patients are getting their legal marijuana now :roflol:

Call me when a marijuana dispensary actually starts distributing in Utah and we'll talk.

I'm just hoping we'll still have a reasonable beer selection in the grocery store after this year.

Sombeech
02-27-2019, 08:56 AM
Call me when a marijuana dispensary actually starts distributing in Utah and we'll talk.

Yeah the whole campaign was pushing to make marijuana prescriptions available and legal to those with medical issues, and that is exactly what happened. Deep down, people are upset that it ended up passing because they can't blame Utah for being a monopoly.

My dad received a notice from his insurance talking about the new marijuana options available to him. He didn't go seeking for it, they came to him. Sounds like it was a great success. People just wanna be mad though, I feel for them. Trump isn't impeached, the wall is getting built, the Mueller report flopped, the economy is great, and Utah allows marijuana prescriptions.

double moo
02-27-2019, 04:56 PM
I'm just hoping we'll still have a reasonable beer selection in the grocery store after this year.

So the beer thing passes the senate twice, the second vote being something like 27-1... and the dickwad in charge of the house says he doesn't think it will get a hearing let alone a vote... said it's not a real issue.

rockgremlin
02-27-2019, 05:15 PM
So the beer thing passes the senate twice, the second vote being something like 27-1... and the dickwad in charge of the house says he doesn't think it will get a hearing let alone a vote... said it's not a real issue.

We see this so often in Utah. The Senate votes unanimously to pass something and then the Dickheads in the House shoot it down in flames. That's what happened to the marijuana initiative at least twice before this latest Prop 2 passed.

The reason for this is because here in Utah we like to spend our hard-earned cash in neighboring states. We charitably donate hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to Wyoming in exchange for liquor, fireworks, and horse track betting. We drop even more cold hard cash in Nevada in exchange for liquor, gambling, and now legal weed. Colorado also sees much of Utah's money in exchange for lottery tickets and legal marijuana. Hell, even lowly Idaho sees Utahns crossing the border to shed our cash in the thousands every year in exchange for lottery tickets.

Wake up Utah!! You're enriching neighboring states with this nonsense!! Just think how much Utah could benefit from those millions of dollars that are being spent every year outside of our borders!!

DISCLAIMER: Please note that I didn't mention the LDS Church anywhere in this rant.