PDA

View Full Version : Bryan Cranston defends his role as disabled character in "The Upside"

Sombeech
01-10-2019, 07:36 AM
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-46793406

Breaking Bad star defends playing disabled character
Bryan Cranston had to defend himself for playing a disabled character in the movie "The Upside".

Cranston said the subject was "worthy for debate" and there should be "more opportunities" for disabled actors.
Yet he maintained he was entitled to play characters whose attributes and abilities differed from his own.
"If I, as a straight, older person, and I'm wealthy, I'm very fortunate, does that mean I can't play a person who is not wealthy, does that mean I can't play a homosexual?" he mused.
"I don't know, where does the restriction apply, where is the line for that?" he told the Press Association.

rockgremlin
01-10-2019, 07:46 AM
Cranston is right. You shouldn't have to defend your work as an actor. Acting is an art in a sense, and art shouldn't be censored to suit the preferences of the easily offended.

I'm already on a rant this morning against political correctness, and then you post this nonsense.

jdn1221
01-10-2019, 08:00 AM
The amount of non-important, ridiculous, pointless crap that people find to be offended by is beyond me. Didn’t their parents teach them that we control our individual emotions and are the only one’s that can control our personal ‘trigger”.

It must be be so much work looking for things to get them upset. Makes me tired just thinking about it.

uintafly
01-10-2019, 09:02 AM
Reminds me of the "outrage" when Scarlet Johanson was going to play a transgendered character. I think she eventually backed out due to the whiners.

BruteForce
01-10-2019, 09:23 AM
The amount of butt-hurt and soft feelers these days is incredible. Not safe to be a unique individual, or alpha-male for fear of making some piss-ant shit their pants!

Iceaxe
01-10-2019, 10:02 AM
Shouldn't this be in the pussification of America thread?

Climb-Utah.com

Sombeech
01-10-2019, 11:25 AM
Shouldn't this be in the pussification of America thread?

Climb-Utah.com

That's where I replied first, but removed it. I figured, eh, it's a bbc link. But same concept.

Iceaxe
01-10-2019, 11:39 AM
That's where I replied first, but removed it. I figured, eh, it's a bbc link. But same concept.

Google the slang term for BBC and get back to me.... ROFLMAO

Climb-Utah.com

BruteForce
01-10-2019, 12:20 PM
Google the slang term for BBC and get back to me.... ROFLMAO

Climb-Utah.com

DONT DO IT! It's a trap!

rockgremlin
01-10-2019, 12:26 PM
DONT DO IT! It's a trap!

At least don't do it at work....Or with kids around....Or with the home teachers over....Or the missionaries....And especially not with the wife looking over your shoulder...for your sake, not so much hers.

Sombeech
01-10-2019, 12:59 PM
isn't it the opposite of pussification?

Iceaxe
01-10-2019, 02:32 PM
isn't it the opposite of pussification?Cranston yes, the crying liberals no.