PDA

View Full Version : PETA urges people to stop using ‘anti-animal language’

accadacca
12-05-2018, 07:11 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181205/f29f64c8293d89e0f11eb758755aec2e.jpg

uintafly
12-05-2018, 07:29 AM
Do you ever wonder if peta is an elaborate hoax like the onion? People can't really be that stupid.

rockgremlin
12-05-2018, 09:53 AM
My first reaction was to roll my eyes at this, but I really like the alternate suggestions. :haha:

devo_stevo
12-05-2018, 10:48 AM
I thought bread was bad for birds... Why would these cruel human being suggest that I feed them scones?

uintafly
12-05-2018, 11:01 AM
I thought bread was bad for birds... Why would these cruel human being suggest that I feed them scones?

Plus plants use thorns as a defense mechanism. Seems awful inconsiderate to rip them off.

Scott Card
12-05-2018, 11:46 AM
Plus plants use thorns as a defense mechanism. Seems awful inconsiderate to rip them off. Have you ever torn a thorn off a rose bush? It bleeds!!!!:cry1:

:haha:

BasinCruiser
12-05-2018, 12:00 PM
Not mine, but i love this response from another forum:

PETA is busy as a bee trying to make the world a more animal friendly place. Using animal Idioms is a pet peeve of theirs. They are working at a snails pace and I feel that they really opened a can of worms with this one. They must really feel like the world is their oyster. They are watching us like a hawk, which may make you mad as a hornet, but hold on to your horses. In this dog eat dog world we’ve really got to get our ducks in a row. You may think that they should just let sleeping dogs lie, but a little bird told me that PETA is all bark but no bite, which gives me butterflies in my stomach. I see them more of a wolf is sheep’s clothing. They like you to think they are as gentle as a lamb, but they can sometimes act like a bull in a china shop. If anything that PETA said actually made difference then I’d be a monkey’s uncle. Tearing down their arguments is like shooting fish in a barrel. But alas, you can’t teach an old dog new tricks. Its all really just a dog and pony show.

And while it may feel that this rat race will never end, and we all may be running around like a chicken with its head cut off, you can still find good in this world if you look around with your eagle eyes. I really dont want to beat this topic like a dead horse so I wil try to end this comment. I may add to this later...

Rob L
12-05-2018, 12:20 PM
My first reaction was to roll my eyes at this, but I really like the alternate suggestions. :haha:

But "Be the test tube" is an insult to those on IVF :facepalm1:

and "Bring home the Bagels" is an insult to non-Jews

It's just animal activists gone mad (perhaps they already were?)

BasinCruiser
12-13-2018, 06:18 AM

BasinCruiser
12-13-2018, 06:18 AM