PDA

View Full Version : What Does Iceaxe Do?

Iceaxe
09-14-2018, 03:48 PM
I'm an engineer and one of my companies is a Structural Engineering company. When I'm not defying death or seducing a beautiful woman I can usually be found designing big things made out of steel. Approximately 80% of my work is in mining and energy which means the public seldom gets to see my handiwork... but... for the past several month's we've been working up at Snowbird installing a walkway from the Cliff Lodge to the Tram Center, and a smaller walkway from the Peruvian Lift to the Tram Center. Anyhoo... I was up on the job site this morning and snapped a couple of pictures I thought some of you might find interesting. I have to say this job site is a lot more scenic than most, as mines and power plants have a habit of being located in miserable places. If you are up to October-fest you can check it out because it's almost impossible to miss.

rockgremlin
09-14-2018, 04:46 PM
Please resolve the axial forces in the truss. Also include a free body diagram illustrating all external applied and reaction forces.

This is a closed book examination. You have 20 minutes.

Iceaxe
09-14-2018, 05:06 PM
Please resolve the axial forces in the truss. Also include a free body diagram illustrating all external applied and reaction forces.

This is a closed book examination. You have 20 minutes.
Hahaha... that's all I do every day, all day long.... I can solve those types of problems drunk, at night, in a snowstorm, naked, while standing on my head...

....the weird part is I actually enjoy doing it.

[emoji851]

Climb-Utah.com

uintafly
09-15-2018, 10:20 AM
I was up there last weekend staying at the Cliff. I was annoyed I had to drag my old drunk ass all the way up the hill because the lower level is closed for construction. Nice to know my ire was directed at you :twisted:

Kidding of course, looks like it will be nice when complete.

devo_stevo
09-15-2018, 12:35 PM
Looks good. It's nice to see your work out in the real world rather than on a computer screen or a piece of paper.

kiwi_outdoors
09-15-2018, 03:39 PM
Simple and solid, eh? Looks like you managed to keep the architects out of it (for the most part)